Processor is not getting heated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
After running the computer for 1 hour,I checked up the temperature of CPU thru ASUS probe software,it is around 46C,but when i shutdown the computer and touch the processor it was cool.It is not getting heated.Why?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
did u take out the hsf and then touch the pocc ? and wats ur problem man ... be happy if u have a cool procc. and this is one real silly post. if u want to heat up your procc i advise u remove the hsf and boot up ur comp (JST KIDDING) .. it will blow up man. lol

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Yes i opened up the cabinet and touched the Processor and fan.
They were cool.I mean they are not getting heated.
Does it mean my processor is not working at full power?or is it going to be dead soon?
ANd also my system is slow from the last 1month .Is it the problem?

My PC
AMD Semperon 2400
Asus A7V400-MX board
Windows XP
Yahoo messenger 6

mohit

The Hardware Labs
r u nuts ? be very thankful u have a cool procc man. it means ur system will work even longer and not die ..... and ya i dnt think u have touched the procc till now , u have just touched the fan. the procc is way below the fan under the heat sink. dont try touching it , leave it as it is and celebrate. and who told u that if the procc doesnt heat up then its not working at full power ? also ur system could be slow due to other stuff such as low ram etc and not due to a cool procc. plz get this in your head buddy and RELAX.

godzi_85

In the zone
hehhe your procy remains coool when yo ushut down... that`s exactly how it should work.. if oyu ever try touching the heat sink when under full load(DON`T DO IT THOUGH) then you would know that the procy is heating up pretty well :p

a temp of 46C is good enough for your procy.. btw did you remove the heatsink and then touch the procy?? cause if you did then you might have to apply thermal paste so that temps do`nt go beyong 50C when idle..

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
dude which world do you live in?

people are supposed to be happy if their processor stays cool.but if you have a problem with that :roll: :roll: :roll: I can suggest one solution -

Turn on a room heater and place it directly in the cabinet and at maximum power and vloila!!!! you'll have the hottest processor on the planet within a few minutes.

( Please do not do this for God's Sake and for my Sake).

Forgive me if I sounded a bit rude but man you've just landed up on the edge of the world. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8)

Sankalp

Journeyman
From the day i bought my first compu i have dedicatedly tried to keep the processor as cool as possible. And god knows how much hair i lost in the process :evil:

Now for the first time i see a person who is worried abt a cool processor!!!!

Well I have a better suggestion worry abt other things man if u must have to worry

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Yes i touched the processor from the sides after running the computer for 1 hour
but when i touched hardisk it was really very hot.
So pls tell what could be the problem?

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Sorry dudes
I was touching the wrong chip.
I called My system assembler and he told me that i was touching the wrong chip.Till now I was touching a black coloured chip on my motherboard.But He opened up fan and showed me the actual processor.When i touched it ,it was like keeping hand in fire.Wow it was damn hot.Now im happy.

and also he cleared my slow PC problem.
He first ran Mcafee Virus scan and detected many viruses.All exe files were effected in my PC.He reformatted the sytem and installed all drivers.
Now my PC is running is too fast for me.

Anyway Thanks for the help.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Mahesh Babu said:
Sorry dudes
I was touching the wrong chip.
I called My system assembler and he told me that i was touching the wrong chip.Till now I was touching a black coloured chip on my motherboard.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
thank god man.... u r now happy that ur processor is heating up. wow. i hope ur procc heats up like the sun (lol jst kidding) . take care of ur rig dude and dont keep touching inside ur cabinet if u dont knw what is what.

bharat_r

In the zone
it's so hot here,room temp more than 40° C,so my PC temp goes upto 50°+
When I opened my cabinet even my RAM was burning hot.
So I'm compeled to keep the AC on when I keep the PC on.

nikhil

Broken In
WHAT?????? you're happy that your processor is burning hot.....most people are a bit worried at this especially now a days....oh well

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Hey ease up guys. It's not that Mahesh wanted a hot processor. He must have heard a lot about heated and overheated processors and was surprised that his CPU was (apparently) running much cooler than expected. He's intelligent enough to suspect that, with his limited experience, he might have missed something and wanted to know what.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Whoa man after reading all this I jsut fell off my chair laughing my @$$ off man. This was sure one hell of a mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom