processor help needed...urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman123

Broken In
yo people,
i've been doing some research and need some feedback on processors.
So the ones i've been looking at are:
Intel D 930 3.0Ghz dualcore
Intel D 830 3.0Ghz dualcore

are these any good...what's better and what price should i be expecting
any ideas...jus write it in

thanx in advance

hotdogXP

Broken In
When I was doing research on what processor to get , I decided to go for AMD's Dual Core over Intel Pentium's D series. Here is why :

1)AMD X2 Processors are far better in performance.
2)But Intel's D processors are slightly cheaper than AMD's X2 processors but the motherboards for the Intel D's are way costly compared to AMD's X2 supported mobos. Check out the Nov2005 edition of Digit.

The cheapest AMD Dual Core Processor i.e the 3800+ X2 64 retails for 19K or so in India.

OP
M

madman123

Broken In
so a mobo equivalant to the 955x from intel along with the 3800+x2 64 would cost a grand total of how much...cuz i can't strech beyond 25k...even thats stretching it a bit...

hotdogXP

Broken In
get the AMD X2 64 3800+ processor and the Asus A8N-E Motherboard which costs 5.5K which together is less than 25K.

Kniwor

Learner
hotdogXP said:
get the AMD X2 64 3800+ processor and the Asus A8N-E Motherboard which costs 5.5K which together is less than 25K.

I'd have suggested exactly as he did....
this is the best combination for 65k that u can get...

( let me tell u that u'll need graphics card after this.... which u most probably alread know... just reminding in case..)

Kniwor

Learner
madman123 said:
ok...so if i could stretch the budget a bit...what would be a really good mobo...i don't need sli though

this is a really good mobo.......

but u will need graphics ard....

Kniwor

Learner
madman123 said:
would the 6600gt work well with this setup...along with 1gb ddr2 533mhz

AMD procys have integrated memory controllers in the processor, and DDR2 is not supported....
Besides, a 533Mhz DDR2 is the same performance as 400Mhz DDR.

6600GT is great card, i have it noe... and I really liking it...

OP
M

madman123

Broken In
so then..does it still make sense to go for amd...i mean it doesn't seem to have such a bright future..
or does performance still come out to be better then the intel equivalant

Kniwor

Learner
madman123 said:
so then..does it still make sense to go for amd...i mean it doesn't seem to have such a bright future..
or does performance still come out to be better then the intel equivalant

boy, we have done finding job beafore going for AMD, all of us here are not throwing away out thousands of rupee just like that in AMD, there is a reason....

AMD is still better, I heard they did not introduce DDR 2 because they are diectly planning to move to DDR 3 when the time is ripe

mangemayur

Journeyman
Kniwor.. i m not sure abt AMD with DDR3 but they are coming with DDR2 by mid 2006.. more info is available on tomshardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom