Proc, Mobo, Ram - 10k.. Please suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toocool

Journeyman
Budget is 8 - 10k.. Need to upgrade Processor, Motherboard and Ram..

PC will be used for a bit of Video Encoding, Photoshop, office appliations, browsing.. No gaming.. So do you guys think I would need a dedicated graphics card?

Prefer AMD..

Thanks

Krow

Crowman
AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3k
Gigabyte 785GMT - UD2H @ 5.5k
2GB DDR3 @ 2.3k

What's your current rig?

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Currently.. Athlon 3200+

Wouldnt I be better off with a x4 620 and a cheaper mobo? Faster video encoding..?

Any cheaper mobo with DDR3 support and good integrated graphics? Budget can be increased slightly to 11 - 12k

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Currently.. Athlon 3200+

Wouldnt I be better off with a x4 620 and a cheaper mobo? Faster video encoding..?

Any cheaper mobo with DDR3 support and good integrated graphics? Budget can be increased slightly to 11 - 12k
My suggestion to you would be to go for the same rig, merely upgrade the processor to X4 620. I know it will be slightly above budget, but DDR2 based boards are non future proof plus DDR2 memory is like 2k for 2GB minimum. You can save on the mobo though.

Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k [has four ram slots]
*www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1866
2GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston @ 2.3k

This rig will be the most future proof one you can get at your budget. Check the board for specs and let me know if you need anything that is not there. Yes, the four cores help in video editing. Can you up your budget a little to accommodate this config? If not, I'd suggest you rather give up on some computational power and go with the Athlon II X2 240 than give up on future upgradability.

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Thanks for the detailed response..

Any ASUS alternative for the motherboard? Asus boards are easily available here..

Krow

Crowman
Hmmmm... ASUS... Although I usually don't recommend ASUS boards for lack of good A.S.S. you may look for ASUS M4A785TD-M-EVO. Not sure about the price, but please check specs before buying. I am still for the Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k, great board really. Else, MSI 785GM-E51.

Krow

Crowman
How is Asus M4A78TE? Dealer says its around 4.6k
Its an older chipset 780G, I would recommend buying a DDR3 board only. DDR2 prices are just ridiculous ATM. Better ask some other dealer, but don't get a DDR2 board.

srv499

Right off the assembly line
hey guys how about the Jetway MA3-785GP mobo.Has got most of features from above mentioned boards n also has 128MB sideport memory.Just dont knw whether its available yet.

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
I am still struggling with the purchase.. No stock of Biostar mobos is what my dealer says.. I am planning to go over to Bangalore and buy it.. Is it easily available on SP road ? Any shop that you guys know?

Krow

Crowman
I am still struggling with the purchase.. No stock of Biostar is available.. I am planning to go over to Bangalore and buy it.. Is it easily available on SP road ? Any shop that you guys know?
Ankit infotech and Golcha IT are known reliable dealers on SP road. Best get the config I mentioned in post 4. The DDR3 combo. :)

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Dude, Thanks for the quick response :)

I am also looking to buy one more PC.. Budget is 20k - 23k.. Processor, Mobo, Cabinet, SMPS, UPS, RAM, 2.1 speakers.. Dont need Hardisk, GPU (no gaming) and Monitor.. Can you suggest a good config?

Thanks again
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
That PC is mainly for Music, movies and browsing.. Good speaker is important.. I currently have the Altec Lansing VS4121, which i bought an year ago and love it. Is it still the best in that range?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Dude, Thanks for the quick response :)

I am also looking to buy one more PC.. Budget is 20k - 23k.. Processor, Mobo, Cabinet, SMPS, UPS, RAM, 2.1 speakers.. Dont need Hardisk, GPU (no gaming) and Monitor.. Can you suggest a good config?

Thanks again
AMD Athlon II X3 405 @ 4.3k or Athlon II X2 240 @ 3k
Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k or MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k
Gigabyte 460W Superb @ 2.2k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Altec Lansing BXR1121 @ 1.1k

For UPS, ask desiibond (forum member). Buy only APC UPS. No other brand is anywhere close.
Posted again:
For music movies and browsing, the above mentioned config is too much. Waaay too much. Go for the cheapest among the above mentioned components. The only thing is that you will have no upgrade worries with this rig.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Yes, its a good SMPS. Better than Cooler Master Extreme Series, but not so when compared to Cooler Master Real Power Pro series.

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Does it come with Cabinet or only the PSU?

Heres the final config then

Athlon II X2 240 @ 3k
MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k
Gigabyte 460W Superb @ 2.2k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k

Can you suggest a better speaker?

Krow

Crowman
Oh no! I forgot the cabinet. :eek: Get CM Elite 335 @ 2.1k.

Hmmm... Speakers. BXR1121 are a decent set of speakers themselves, but if you want one of the best 2.1 speakers, then look for Altec Lansing MX5021 @ 6.5k. I really have no clue about other speakers. Do you want a 2.1 setup or a 5.1 setup? For 5.1 you may also go for Logitech X-540, which are a great set. For 2.1 MX5021 wins hands down.

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Thanks again. Might get the MX5021.. One last question.. Which motherboard that you mentioned in this topic, has the best built in graphics?

For the first config, i am confused between X2 - 550 BE and X4 - 620.. Which is better? Mostly for Video encoding.. Both are priced the same..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom