problems with windows 8

abhishek39

Broken In
i recently installed windows 8 pro build 9200 in my PC.
But i don't have the activation keys. i see a watermark on the right corner(activate the windows....). I cannot access some of it's features. but that's not the problem.(i just installed it for testing purpose)i wanted to know that will it expire after some days, as it shows no such sign or countdown or expiry date. if yes when and how to check it.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Yes, after the grace period is over, it will expire. If you want to check the number of days left before it expires, then you can right click the Computer Icon, select Properties. It'll take you to the System Properties Page, where, under Windows Activation, you could see the number of days left.

OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
If you want to check the number of days left before it expires, then you can right click the Computer Icon, select Properties. It'll take you to the System Properties Page, where, under Windows Activation, you could see the number of days left.

i did as u said, i just says windows is not activated and not the no of days left. I've uploaded the image
Capture.PNG

also the watermark appears only sometimes not always. luckily it appeared while posting this...it's something like:
Capture2.PNG

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Ok got it. After doing a google search, I came to know that Microsoft has done away with the 30 day grace period. I don't know how you proceeded with the installation as the writeups about this say that you can't, until you haven't put in the Product Key.
I hope these links should help you out.
Microsoft ends activation 'grace period' with Windows 8 - Computerworld
Microsoft Nukes 30-Day Grace Period with Windows 8

OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
i did't get it, according to the link i must have been asked for the keys or the screen must have gone black.
but no such happened. Again,.. i cannot access the personalize and other features as it asks to activate.
will the trial never end??

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^^ may be microsoft deliberatly giving people win 8 stripped version to use it for free Since people are moving to linux platform rapidly they have already released free version of office suit.
So use it if you like it or remove it if you want to.

OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
i have some more problems...
1>none of my metro apps can access internet except store, the desktop apps can access internet.
2>i cant play the videos i made with after effects (it played fine in windows 7), it is very choppy, and hangs some where, although i am playing in the same player(quick time) also i have my graphics driver installed(intel hd 3000).

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
I don't have experience in win 8 but regarding video play back issue download km player try to play your video files.

Top Bottom