Problems with usb 3g hspa modem

Hi friends. I recently purchased this usb modem huawei e303c. It's giving me goosebumps since then. I have this g6-2005ax lappy which has 2 usb 3.0 ports and one usb 2.0 port. Now here is the problem. When I plug the modem in one of the usb 3.0 ports it gets detected fine and the mobile partner automatically comes up. But it never gets connected. After clicking the connect button either it gives the error message connection terminated or simply hangs for a while and nothing happens. I tried using extra initialisation command in modem properties. Didn't work. Now when I connect the modem in usb 2.0 port two things happen-

1) Sometimes the modem gets on a automatic connection/disconnection loop. I can say this because of the sounds of usb pen drive connected and disconnected keeps on popping every five seconds. Also the safely remove hardware icon at the right side of taskbar keeps on appearing/disappearing every five seconds.

2) Mostly the modem gets connected fine and I can surf the internet fine. But a message pops up after connecting the modem that this usb device can perforrm faster. Plug it in a usb 2.0 port. For a list of available ports please click here. I don't know why this message pops up as I've already connected the modem in a usb 2.0 port. Also if I use a 3g connection, will it be affected???? The max speed is 7.2 mbps. Please help.

Can please someone move this thread to networking section?

Top Bottom