Problems with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on Dell Laptop

scorpio90

Broken In
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 3521 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS preloaded (i3 and 4gb ram). Now I am having a few problems with my OS which I am listing as following 1. Whenever I hibernate the system and restart it later, I get a blank screen. 2. On restarting the system, sound is muted by default. 3. I had Dell Recovery Image stored on my USB Pen drive. Now suddenly, the OS refuses to recognize the pendrive when i plug it in. 4. Plus, while operating the system, if my wired broadband connection breaks and the restarts, it refuses to recognize it as such. I need to restart the system. Can anyone suggest me a stable solution?

If a solution is not possible, is it possible that I can install Windows 8 on the laptop?

kaz

right here
Congratulation for your 1st post in TDF

And for the problem try doing a fresh install of Ubuntu or you can install Windows anytime.. Looks like drivers incompatibility is causing you the trouble.

> try updating the OS and drivers.

> You cna install any os as long as there are drivers available. Check Dell downloads page. If Windows drivers for your laptop are available, you can install Windows.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The kernel of the Ubuntu which is shipped with Dell laptops is a bit different from the one in official Ubuntu. If you want, then you can download the official image of Ubuntu and then try it on your laptop.

Top Bottom