Problems with N 6630... Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swades

Broken In
Hi.. For the last few days, m faced with some problems with my N 6630... Here it is...

My inbox takes a lot of time to open and also whenever there is a new msg, the small envelope symbol which appears on the right hand topmost corner in most of the Nokia fones, is not there..

Earlier it used to come but the last few days nly, its not coming.. Also whenever i delete some messages, the deleting message box remains there for a long time ie the message takes a lot of time to get deleted... And when i delete 10-15 msgs together, i takes almost a minute or two...

I have around 1800 msgs in my inbox..Is it bcoz of this that the above probs are happening..??

I dont know what to do...

I have a 1 gb card.. I have tried formatting it and also formatting my fone but the envelope.. Also the missed call symbol are not comin on the right hand corner...

All the other softwares and gallery items are working fine xcept my inbox.

What could be the problem..Is it due to the no. of msgs(1800) i have or something else...

Please help guys..

Thanks...

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Yes man its due to the number of msgs in ur fone.
Why r u saving these msgs???
After deleting all the msgs, u will b able to get the advantage of fastest processor in 6630.
Also if u formatted ur fone then y all the msgs were not deleted??

Pathik

Google Bot
its not cos of the msgs.. I ve more than 2000 msgs in my qd and its as fast before.. Btw if u hav the msgs in ur mmc then remove it and format the fone

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
May b his 1GB MMC causing the problem or he is undergoign a virus attack or his system memory is full for executing the operations.
Format ur fone and memory card. Both

OP
S

swades

Broken In
My system memory is empty..I havent stored nething...I have kept just 5 softwares, 10 video songs and some mp3 songs.. Howevr i do plan to increase all these in a few days..

Now regarding the msgs and formatting..

I have stored all the msgs in my mmc.. and b4 formatting, i copied the mail folder to my pc, formatted the mmc, and then copied back the folder to its original place ie mmc.. So thats y my msgs are intact...

And regarding the virus attack, i scaned my fone with NORTON, MCAfee and Sim Works Antivirus.. But they didnt detect ne virus..

M very confused.. I dont know waht to do.. Shud i delete the msgs or format the fone and mmc..The speed has also decreased... I cant think of a way out..

So pls help....

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Yeah u will hav to remove the msgs.
I m also using 6630 and had a habit of saving all the msgs i receive.
After some time when msgs increased to 700, performance dipped.
Also all of my msgs were in fone memory which is faster then MMC.

SO Delete ur msgs.
There nothing u r storing thousands of them.

Pathik

Google Bot
nope man... jus remove the mmc n format the fone...
if the prob remains.. then format the mmc as well

OP
S

swades

Broken In
i tried formatting both my mmc and fone but nothing happened.. The prob stil persists.. I cant see the envelope and mis call symbol on the top and the inbox takes a lot of time..

I think i wil try deleting the msgs.. from 1800 to around 100-200.. After that lemme see wat happens...

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
he just copied the msgs using file explorer like Fexplorer to the computer and after formatting again pasted the Damn thing there.

assasin

Banned
Just format ur mmc and fone memory once again and dis time after formatting ur mmc dont copy the mail folder.See wat happens.If everything works perfectly den ur '1800 strong inbox' is the culprit.

Pathik

Google Bot
Manshahia said:
he just copied the msgs using file explorer like Fexplorer to the computer and after formatting again pasted the Damn thing there.
areey i know that ..
but after formatting n b4 copyin the files back he wd hav known if the problem is solved or no.... isnt it obvious??

assasin

Banned
pathiks said:
areey i know that ..
but after formatting n b4 copyin the files back he wd hav known if the problem is solved or no.... isnt it obvious??

I think after formatting the mmc he copied the mail folder to the mmc using a crd reader and den inserted the mmc in the fone.So he didnt notice the difference.

OP
S

swades

Broken In
i wil tel u the whole thing clearly.. My fone was working fine until recently wen i noticed this prob.. Then i copied the Mail folder which is my mmc to my pc using a card reader so that my msgs remain intact.. Then i formatted my mmc.. After that i again inserted my mmc to the card reader so that i can copy the softwares, videos and all to my phone.. At that time, i copied the Mail folder to its original place.. Thats it and even after that my prob is not solved.. My fone is stil slow, the small envelope and mis call symbols dont appear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom