Problems regarding search engine malwares

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
It's been weeks my brother has been messing with my PC, downloading stuffs from irrelevant websites, maybe that's when the problem came. My PC has three browsers running viz. IE(v10), Chrome(v27) & Firefox(v21). Only two weeks ago I found a new search engine in my browser which keeps coming every time I open the browser. My homepage is set to Google on all three but whenever I open a browser malware-type search engine page keeps coming. The opening title in the address bar is www.india-100.com/?3hp=10062013 and it gets the name www.onewebsearch.com when the page opens completely. I've tried setting google.com as the homepage on all three again but still this search engine keeps opening. And not to mention, advertisements keep popping up from everywhere I click on the browsers until I installed "Better Pop-up Blocker" extension on Chrome (as I always use it) while other two are still vulnerable to adds.
Please give a detailed solution on what can possibly be done.
[N.B.- I have Norton Internet Security 2013 running and a full system scan did not bring any adware, malware or virus alerts]

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
first uninstall the search engine addons/extensions from the browsers
those addons may contain some malware, but it doesn't look like that in your case.
and you may try uninstalling some unwanted software from your PC through Control Panel Uninstall.
and then,
try CCleaner by Piriform.
you should have a clean PC to work with by then, IMO.:wink:

Top Bottom