Problems playing games in IMac under windows using bootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Hi,
I have an Imac with dual core intel processor,Geforce 7600 GT Graphics card.. I have installed Windows XP using Bootcamp v1.3 ... I have installed the latest nvidia drivers but whenever I play any games, I get purple dots all over the screen and C&C 3 is not at all playable... I have tried uninstalling and installing the graphics drivers but the problems continue...I would appreciate any help...thanx

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Did you install the drivers from the CD that you were supposed to have burned when you'd partitioned your drive via Boot Camp?

You are supposed to use the drivers provided by Apple themselves, not the ones officially provided by nVidia.

And you have an iMac? You! :eek:

OP
kirangp

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Hi,

Yes, my cousin has one. Yes we have installed the Mac drivers from Bootcamp v1.4 now. My cousin says that he has even seen these blue/orange yellow dots while running Pages on Mac OS X. It might be a hardware problem. C&C 3 has got no better. When we tried installing it, it was installed at speeds lower than what it could do earlier than this year! We are going to call Apple and we still have a warranty.

Thanks

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the new iMacs have some display problem and hanging issues .... if its a new 1 there is a possibility that this could be a reason :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kirangp said:
Hi,

Yes, my cousin has one. Yes we have installed the Mac drivers from Bootcamp v1.4 now. My cousin says that he has even seen these blue/orange yellow dots while running Pages on Mac OS X. It might be a hardware problem. C&C 3 has got no better. When we tried installing it, it was installed at speeds lower than what it could do earlier than this year! We are going to call Apple and we still have a warranty.

Thanks
Blue orange yellow dots?

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom