Problems in Shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Broken In
I am facing some problems while shutting down. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz with 768 MB ram, D101Ggc motherboard. When I click on the shut down from the start menu, the computer hangs sometimes. After that, if I directly try to switch it off using my cabinet (APX), it shuts down, but gets stuck showing the message Windows is shutting down. I use Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 with latest updates installed. Can some one please help me out with my problem ?

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
Ahem. No one's replied yet, so I decided to bump this topic in case it goes over board. Can some one out there please help me with this ?

Gaurav

In the zone
have you enabled Advanced Power Management for your machine.

to do this go to control panel->power options-> click on the APM tab and make sure that 'Enable Advanced Power Management Support' is checked. also check the same about the hibernate option.
this should solve your problem.

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
I have enabled Advanced Power management options alright. I guess I'll try to reinstall my Windows later on and see if my problem persists.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Can you post your HijackThis log file so that your problem can be analysed in a more detailed way! Also try exiting all tasks using Task Manager and then try shuttting down your PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom