Problem with windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkjosh

Right off the assembly line
I installed windows XP in Intel Celeron 466 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD and intel 810 chipset environment. It was running fine. Later I installed some lower end games on it and it started throwing issue. Whenever I start my system it automatically gets shut down just after showing the desktop. Is it a virus problem or something else. Is it related with lower h/w configuration.
Please help.

shantanu

Technomancer
well 466 mhz and just 64 mb ram, might be a virus issue,,, but check your power supply,,, maybe it is lacking..

shantanu

Technomancer
the thing is that many times a power supply goes bad,, then i cant even handle a CD-ROM :p so get it checked by a repair guy.. :p its just a chance,. not sure.. :D

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
yeah I think it is cuz your running with bare minimum. check this thread out to remove unwanted crap
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38206

Just out of curiousity how long does it take to boot right into win with that config? always wanted to know how long it took with that type of config.

anandk

Distinguished Member
actually spyware mostly...comes bundled with games. run a good a/s like my fav avg anti-spy or cheetas fav :D spybot !

iceeeeman

Journeyman
Dude according to me ur processor is overheating ..open up da case and then clean it ..also apply some thermal paste on da heatstink :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom