PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS EXPLORER

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm having big time problem with the windows explorer.

yesterday i restored my PC --goto the topic ==
"system restore-- big help" in Q&A for more Details.

after surfing the Net , when i open My Computer or other folder, the WINDOWS EXPLORER CRASHES for 2-5 sec (the screen gets blank with only the wallpaper there) & returns a error---

ERROR SIGNATURE;
App. Name= Explorer.exe
App. Version= 6.0.2900.2180
Offset= 00007a1c
Mod name= wmp.dll
Mod. Ver= 10.0.0.3990

my system (both XP & AntiVirus) are up to date.

My PC config === HP Pavilion , XP SP2, AVG Free edition.
i'm also runnig the Norton Antivirus (which came pre-installed with PC but its susbscription period expired 1 week ago.).

also after when the error is shown, the Norton Antivirus icon in the system tray disappears.

i've kept Norton, because i'm not so sure about AVG free edition's capabilities.
i've already ordered McAfee in chennai (rit now i'm at B'lore), so thats the reason i'm running both (norton & AVG) now.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
First of all,there was no need to create a seperate thread,u could have continued in that thread itself.

As for your problem,do you have the Windows Media Player toolbar activated (to check,right click on taskbar--->toolbars)?
If it is,deactivate it cuz that seems to be causing the problem.

Also,it is not advisable to run two antivirus programs simultaneously.U're just wasting resources.Just install 1 antivirus and keep it regularly updated.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try command "regsvr32 wmp.dll"... Also, verify if you Media Player is latest version; if not, update it...

Arun

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yes i've the Windows media player activated in the toolbar, but i never had this problem before. its happening from yesterday only.
so can you help me find out what is the probs. with my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom