Problem with Ubuntu 10.10!!

123shree

Broken In
I have just installed Ubuntu 10.10 and I am happy about it..The only problem is that I can't open some specific websites.......
Please HELP!!!!!
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

sygeek

Technomancer
Please refer to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/open-source/23597-how-ask-question-here.html

But personally I recommend you Download the Ubuntu 11.04 from:
*www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Or Upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04
To upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 on a desktop system, press Alt+F2, type in "update-manager -d" (without the quotes), and press Enter. Update Manager will open up and display the message, "New distribution release '11.04' is available." Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.

Last edited:

khmadhu

change is constant!!
I have just installed Ubuntu 10.10 and I am happy about it..The only problem is that I can't open some specific websites......
Please HELP!!!!!
Thanks.

I m using 10.10 and able to open the site u mentioned, what's the exact error..? lookup(DNS) problem or connection to website problem. which ISP u r using..?

BTW, yes its better to upgrade u r OS to 11.04 now..

Rahim

Married!
This is definitely some DNS problem and why are people suggesting him to upgrade; thats not the solution.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
is the "power bug" in LINUX kernel Linux 2.6.38(the one in UBUNTU 11.04) still there?

Oh yes, The "POWER BUG" in Linux kernel Linux 2.6.38 is still continued in UBUNTU 11.04 also.
Look at this link:-
[Phoronix] The Tests Showing Ubuntu 11.04 On A Power Consumption Binge

[Phoronix] The Tests Showing Ubuntu 11.04 On A Power Consumption Binge

Top Bottom