Problem with OS/ADSL Modem/Net Connection???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi guys!

I am having a BSNL Broadband connection and am facing a unique problem. Many a times I have seen that while working on the net, all of a sudden all data inflow and outflow stops completely although I dont get disconnected. The lights in the ADSL modem supplied by BSNL is all intact but nothing loads. Now if I switch off the modem and start it again and reconnect, things start working normally. Certain times, when this also doesnt work, I have to restart my computer as well as the modem and then things start working normally.

Why does this happen? Is this a problem with my Operating system, the modem or the BSNL Connection? I doubt that the problem is with the OS as I have already reinstalled the whole OS and still the problem persists.

Please help...

Thank you.

praka123

left this forum longback
dns servers down sometimes?may be?if thats the case use *opendns.com for faster name resolution
other:
but sometimes the core server for adsl connxns does experiance problems.that way i have experianced the green light shows connxn is there,but cant connect.if that is the problem-u haf to wait for the core server be up again.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

hansraj said:
friend i think u have a prob similar to mine ... check my post
Whats the link to your post...

techtronic said:
What model is your Modem ?
Its UtStarCom UT-300R2

ax3 said:
its not a virus problem bt ISP problem ...... 2 many ppl @ a time & ur connection is gone ..........

every isp has samething ..............

But then how do I get connected as soon as I restart my modem...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom