Problem with my Monitor. Urgent Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi,

my PC Config.

AMD Athlon 2600+ Barton Core
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
512MB DDR RAM
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9600XT (128MB DDR)
Samsung 15' Monitor
Samsung 80GB HDD (7200 rpm)
Sony DVD-ROM
Samsung CD-RW
Modem
UPS (Local Brand)

OS -- Windows XP Professional (with SP1)

DirectX 9.0b

The drivers I installed was ATI CATALYST Windows XP 4.10. Full Package.

ATI Catalyst Drivers for Windows 2000/XP 4.10
ATi Catalyst Control Panel 6.14.10.5125

A few days back I installed the ATI Control Center or Panel(I don't remember exactly), the installation was succesful but there was a error message, but i was able to access it.

Then the next day I got a friend Hard Disk and installed it as slave, after starting the PC the system stopped at the word "Windows Xp Professional" then i started the pc in Safe Mode the desktop came but the screen looked horrible. There were many vertical lines and I couldn't see properly. I some copied and after removing the slave HDD everything was fine. Windows started normally.

Day before yesterday i got FIFA 2005 and I installed. And my brother changed some settings from 2x to 8x in ATI Control Panel and it showed some inscrease in resolution 1240 x ..... (I don't remember). And the game worked fine. Yesterday night I installed Clone CD 5 (it worked fine) and after some time my brother was playing FIFA 2005 and while palying,
suddenly the monitor went OFF and the yellow LED in the monitor was blinking. From there our problem started.... :( :( :(

I restarted the PC and the same thing happened. Then I went into the Safe Mode and the desktop came but It was horrible to see. There was a lot of thick vertical lines(white,green...) all over the screen.
Then in the Desktop-->rightClick-->Properties the resolution was 640x480.
(32bit -- Highest). I tried to find that ATI control panel (for reducing from 8X to 2X) but it was not there.
Then I unistalled all the ATI drivers, but couldn't uninstall the ATI Control Center or Panel.

Then I saw the new Hardware found, I installed the drivers from the CD which I got from my Graphics Card. It asked me to restart but the same problem was there. Then I enter the OS throught Safe mode and installed
ATI CATALYST Windows XP 4.10. But the same problem was there. I tried uninstalling Clone CD but no use and Unfortunately I haven't saved any Restore Points and even if I there is a restore point it would be few days back and if i restore I will lose many of my data.

What will be the problem.

Is anything wrong with my GrahicsCard or Motherboard or any hardware.

or is my drivers making the problems.

Just now I saw in the ATi website and it says...

CATALYST Windows XP 4.10 - Driver Download
Instructions:
Before you start, please read the ATI Driver and Software Installation Instructions.

Installing a new driver is only recommended if you are having issues with your ATI product, including those mentioned in the "Fixed in this driver".
For more details, please review the RELEASE NOTES.
Notes:
ATI recommends Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher to be installed.

High Speed download is a single package for DSL and Cable modem users.
For dial-up users the driver is divided into multiple components for easier download experience.

The drivers below supports 24 languages.
* The CATALYST Control Center is available in English only at this time. Additional languages will be available in future updates.

in ATI i found this

-------------------------------------------------------

I found a table. SInce I don't know how to paste a image here, i give u the link

*www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/...&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=13&submit.y=7

For previous version drivers
---------------------------------
which comes with the message,

The following previous display driver versions are offered as a courtesy to customers looking for a specific driver release.
These driver releases are no longer supported.
Not all RADEON drivers support all configurations. Please read the driver descriptions carefully.
Current ATI Multimedia Center and DVD Player software may not function with some of these driver versions

*www.ati.com/support/products/radeonwinxppreviousdrivers.html

and ATi says....

to install all these

Display Driver,
Control Panel,
CATALYST Control Center,
WDM Capture driver

it says i must have....

1 package
Supported on the RADEON 9500, RADEON 9600, RADEON 9700, RADEON 9800, RADEON X300, RADEON X600, RADEON X700 or RADEON X800 Series of products.
Note you must have Microsoft’s .NET Version 1.1 Framework installed

I don't have Microsoft’s .NET Version 1.1 Framework installed in my PC.

or shall I install previous version drivers.

Display Driver Version
CATALYSTâ„¢ 4.9
Driver Build 6.14.10.6476
8-051-040825a-017633c

or Catalyst 4.8

What all should I have.

Display Driver
Control Panel
CATALYST Control Center
WDM Capture driver

or the whole package.

Download ATI Catalyst Drivers for Windows 2000/XP 4.10

Download ATi Catalyst Control Panel 6.14.10.5125

I'm soory to write a very long post But i have to solve the problem and you are the only guys who can help me out.

What I should i do and give a solution guys :( :( :( :(

Thanx in Anticipation
Arsenal.

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
a few more queries.

Part II -- My doubts are,

Display Driver -- We need this.

What are these 3 items below

Whats the use of these below 3 items.

Do I need any of these 3 softwares mandatory for my better working of graphics card or games.

what are the system requirements for these 3 below items

a.) Control Panel -- Do i need this ?

b.) CATALYST Control Center -- Do i need this ?

c.) WDM Capture driver -- do i need this ?

Do I need this apart from the display driver (considering my PC Config.)

Thanx
Arsenal.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
its gr8 u made such a long post . easier to troubleshoot when we got a clear picture . had a similar prob with asus a7v8x-mx and fx5200 . got those freaky vertical lines after xp install / xp sp2 update and updating drivers for card

try these

- Remove ur card if u have onboard graphics and run the computer to see if u have errors .
- install the drivers for onboard card and run
- uninstall the onboard card and restart in safe mode .
- if it asks for drivers , install display adapter as standard vga . if it doesnt ask for display adapater . restart in normal mode and choose standard adapter . u can also change from display properties which is recommended
- We need xp to be running in standard vga , so try the above options or any idea u might have to change it .

- once u have standard vga set , shutdown , add ur graphics card and boot into xp . if asked for adapter choose the inf from ur cd to install . Make sure its the xp driver .
- restart and u might be in windows , but without the control panel for ati .
- if this works and u are able to go into windows properly . make a restore point and then install the drivers from the original cd again to get back control panel
- as far as i know wdm capture not needed normally . if u need it , fix the prob with vga first and then maybe fiddle around with other stuff :)

sav_more

Journeyman
hey dood! i had the same problem with my monitor.it had something to do with the refresh rate.my GF4 was applying an unsupported refresh rate at startup.i installed multires 1.47(got that with omega drivers.).set the rate to 75HZ (at every startup) 800x600.and rebooted.
worked for me.try it!

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
Thanks for ur replies.

Thanks for ur replies.
my motherboard doesn't have an on-board graphics card.

Just now I got the message that my PC Assembler has fixed the problem
of those vertical lines by removing the graphics card and putting it again. He told that previously the card is not fixed properly,but....... :( :( :(

also told me that the system is restarting again and again(he said that some system files must be corrupt). He has told me to change the Boot Sequence in BIOS as 1st CD-ROM, then Floppy and the HDD, and put the winXP Prof. CD in the cd-rom, so that the OS will boot from the CD-ROM and will automatically try to repair the OS.

If that doesn't work he told the last option to re-install the OS again. :( :(

Any solution its getting worse and worse. :( Any solutions......

I've to got home and see what he has done.

See u on tuesday. Bye guys.

Thanx

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
Big problem. Need help.

On Last friday I thought my pc will be OK. But when I switched the power Button the Yellow LED of the power button is glowing constantly and the Yellow LED of my Samsung Monitor is just blinking. Thats it. This is all happening. There is no display. :(

I tried many times. but same result. I tried even removing the graphics card and reinserting it. but I got the same result.

Except my monitor all other PC compenents are new. They are just 2 months old. I bought only the Graphics Card from Singapore(My friend got it for me). All other parts are bought locally(Bangalore).

My PC assember tried for 1/2 hour. But the same result.

Then he took my Processor,MB,RAM and Graphics Card for Testing.

He told in these 4 compenets one must be the problem device.

He told if any one of these deivces are not working properly the display will not come.

What might be the problem. Hardware or software problem ??? :(

Thanx in Anticipation
Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom