Problem With Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

navino87

In the zone
I had made lan between my new computer and old comp(the distance is 23m aprox.). My old pc has internet(airtel 999 scheme). The modem used for internet connection is 220 BX adsl2+modem(given by service provider). This modem has both usb and lan connectors. So i hav connected my old pc with usb cable and new pc with cat6 cable to this modem for sharing internet and files.

My problem is when i switch off and switch on the modem or disable & enable the the lan connection in my new pc i get blue screen error and my new system restarts. Some times my system restarts suddenly without BSE.

What & where is the problem ??? Is the problem with hardware or due to corrupted system files.

My config is:

AMD athlon 64 3000+ 939
Asus A8N-E mobo(onboard NVIDIA lan)
BIG 6600 gfx card
2*512 mb ddr400 ram Dual Channel

Please help me in finding a permenent sollution for this problem.

Please reply me as soon as possible.......

mediator

Technomancer
I think the problem lies with the drivers.....Try to swap the connections of both first....If this doesnt solve the problem then try the lates autopatcher for Xp!

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Thank u mediator....

I hav solved tis problem by formatting and reinstalling windows, updating latest chipset driver and by updating windows using auto patch given in digit dvd....

Now i face another problem... my problem is : My old pc cannot access the shared files in new pc.... When i click on new comp name in workgroup computers, an error msg appears with an msg "comp is not accessible. you might not have permission. contact admin to find if u have permission.
access is denied"

I can access the shared files in old pc from new pc....

Please help me in finding a sollution for this problem.

mediator

Technomancer
Step 1:
Turn on all the needed services like
1. Internet Connection Sharing and windows firewall
2. Print and file sharing
3. Netbios over tcp/ip
4. Simple file sharing(folder options)
5. All the other corresponding services in services.msc!

Step 2:

Edit regkey from hexadecimal "1" (or watevar) to "0":

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\restrictanonymous.

Problem Solved!!!!

Neway formatting the PC just coz of a stupid error shud be the last resort to fix the problem.Neway its not fixing the problem rather its avoiding the problem!!!!

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Thank u mediator....

File sharing problem is solved now : ) .

Will formatting a harddisk reduce the life and performance of a pc????

Now i face another problem... i cant play multiplayer games through lan.....

Another thing is that i want to prevent users (except me : ) ) from using internet from my new computer.... Wat can i do for tis??????????

Please help me in finding solution for tis 2 questions ...

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
navino87 said:
Thank u mediator....

File sharing problem is solved now : ) .

Will formatting a harddisk reduce the life and performance of a pc????

Now i face another problem... i cant play multiplayer games through lan.....

Another thing is that i want to prevent users (except me : ) ) from using internet from my new computer.... Wat can i do for tis??????????

Please help me in finding solution for tis 2 questions ...

Any one please help me in finding out a solution for my problem....

mediator

Technomancer
Man I feel like Im ur PC maintainer....please deliver ma fees soon.
No hardisk life/performance dont reduce like that.
To disable users from accessing net, refer to ur router (what u called adsl modem). Different routers have difff settings.....So in this only u'll be able to help urself better !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom