Problem with DLink ADSL 2/2.0+ 2640-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Hi!
I am using DLink 2640-T ASDL Modem for my Tata Indicom Broadband connection which support the wifi access. the problem with this modem i am facing it is that if i define any new rule to forward the port for my torrent application it loose out its setting when i switch off the modem & agin switch on . so how to make that it rember it setting even after power down.

I am using the DHCP configuration so that i am getting a dynamic ip each time but most of the tiume same ip is assign to my machine.

Help me out guys.............:confused:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Maybe this can help you

*www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-2640T/DSL-2640Tindex.htm

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
i have done the setting which is given in this page but my problem is that it forget whatever setting i do when i switch off & switch on the router again i.e. the power supply ......

dabster

In the zone
abhinav_bipnesh said:
i have done the setting which is given in this page but my problem is that it forget whatever setting i do when i switch off & switch on the router again i.e. the power supply ......
make settings change and then save them , so tht modem will remember the settings. :)

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
how to do that as after writing the rule i just click the apply button & thats it it remember that rule for that whole session. also sometime my ip change as some other machine take that ip so who to specfy my ips so that rule remain with my ips (as i have laptop so i have a wireless & lan card so two ip ).
Please help me out........

Sourabh

Laptoping
Not familiar with the Dlink model you've got but it's obvious that you're not saving the settings for future sessions. You will have to find out where this option is (usually it's there along with the option to restart the router manually).

*img188.imagevenue.com/loc590/th_75610_router-saveall_122_590lo.jpg

The 'Save All' option is what you need to find on the Dlink interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom