Problem with booting using CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhiperiwal

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

The OS in my PC has become too old and infected with virus. So I am trying to install Windows XP again. I have bootable XP CD with me.
In the BIOS I have set the CDROM as first Booting device.
However the problem is that while booting whenever the system asks to "Press any key to boot from CD.....", it does not recognize any key pressed on the keyboard and continues booting the previous OS. But the BIOS has no problem with the keyboard.:confused:

Please help me out for this. How can I make my PC recognize the keyboard command while booting?:?:

Thanks,
Abhishek

OP
A

abhiperiwal

Right off the assembly line
No I haven't tried any other keyboard.
Another thing which happens is that whenever I press F8 and reach the screen which has various windows boot options like Safe mode and other similar stuff, the keyboard doesn't work there too. So I cannot even boot my OS in safe mode.

I'll try changing the keyboard but not sure if it will work cos the keyboard stops working for some time and after that it starts working again.
Please let me know if anything clicks and I'll try that out... Thanks

smile

In the zone
I suggest you to try with other keyboard.....borrow your friends keyboard and check if it works fine ...then problem with your keyboard and replace it. :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Make sure you press ANY key :D

*img239.imageshack.us/img239/8941/anykeyuu0.jpg

On a more serious note, change your keyboard, these membrane keyboards are like that, when they fail they do so one key at a time :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom