Problem with Bluetooth Dongle/USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I have a bluetooth dongle with CSR chip...It came with Bluesoleil soft and I installed the soft on my PC (3 GHz, 915 MB, WinXP pro) and the device worked fine. Then I upgraded my OS to SP2 and there was no need to install the Bluesoleil soft.

Recently, I connected the same device on a friend's PC(PIII-500MHz, 810eMB, WinXP-SP2) and it was detected without the need of Bluesoleil. After I had transferred a few files to n fro from the PC the Bluetooth icon dissappeared from the system tray...I removed and attatched the device again only to find that the device was not recognized. After trying many times over I installed Bluesoleil soft but still the prob was not solved. Next, I installed the latest chipset utility but the BT device ain't being recognized as yet.

I need to know if this is a prob with my BT dongle or the USB port of the PC. I don't have access to any other PC(not even mine) because I am in another city....

If there's a prob with my BT then which BT dongle would u people recommend me to buy...Plz tell such a brand which may b recognized by the OS without any fuss and for which I dont have to install Bluesoleil or something like that...

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Go to Bluetooth in Control Panel. Most probably, there is a setting to show the bluetooth icon when the dongle is connected and you may have unchecked this accidentally. Happened to me a couple of times before I realized this...

Arun

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I solved the problem...there was something wrong with the USB port...Now there is another problem...The "Bluetooth devices" icon in the control panel has dissappeared and I am unable send files from my phone to the PC although I am able to do vice-versa.Plz help....

slagad

Broken In
use the Billionton BT dongle, it comes for about 800/-, with a range of 100 meters and can support 6 devices at a time. I have been using Billionton for 1 year without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom