Problem uninstalling KIS 2011

monkey

Padawan
I had KIS 2011 subscription of which was expiring yesterday. I was happy with KIS 2011 but wanted to give a try to Bitdefender before deciding on which Internet Security suite to choose.
I, thus, uninstalled KIS 2011 but found that many files/registry entries did not uninstall. I wasn't asked to reboot the system too but I still went ahead with Rebooting the machine.
After rebooting I found that Windows gadgets on desktop had disappeared and there were just some purple patches left in place of them. I was able to remove these patches just like any other Windows gadget which meant that these gadgets were not displaying properly.
I then found out that my System Mechanic too had stopped working and was showing some strange dashboard on its homepage. I suspected some KIS files still present on the system and hence used CCleaner to scan my system. As expected there were lots of files and registry entries of KIS left on my system which I removed using CCleaner. I continued to reboot my system and checked again for any KIS files/registry entries but found none.
I then decided to install Bitdefender Internet Security but it gave message that KIS is still installed on my system. I was confused as I thought I had removed all KIS files and registry entries (I was not able to find any even in Safe Mode). Bitdefender had offered to remove KIS automatically which I promptly accepted. After un-installation Bitdefender rebooted my system and continued to installation process but then I found that my mouse (logitech MX518) had stopped working. I rebooted the system again but the mouse refused to work. I then started my system in Safe Mode but here too mouse didn't work. I used troubleshooting which gave message that some registry entries related to mouse has been corrupted/deleted. I tried Windows repair option but it too failed to correct the problem. I couldn't use system restore as Windows failed again and again to restore the system due to some error.
Even logitech's software/driver failed to initialise the mouse.
What should I do?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Buddy u have got a chain of problems....(just like series of triggers)

Uninstalling KIS ---> No reboot(registry/files left) ---> CCCleaner --->
mouse not working ---> safe mode (same issue) ---> System Restore (lots of bugs) --> ???

while uninstalling any software use revo uninstaller (gets the hassle of removing files/registry which r not removed officially)

now as per situation
1) do a fresh instal of OS (after backup)
2) consult an expert in removing the unwanted files of KIS

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I used Revo for the first time and I have one question: After removing KIS, Revo indicated 2142 registry entries of KIS still left in the system. Should I simply choose "Select All" and delete these or should I select only the entries indicated in Bold?

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
those uninstall software like Revo takes toooooo much time to uninstall any software..... i personally tried some including Revo, all is ok, but speed matters, sometimes it taking half hours to uninstall any software, that is NOT OK.... :x

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Time doesn't matter me for critical s/w like anti-viruses. All I want is the un-installation to be precise and troublefree (not like the experience I had removing KIS previously). I will be using Revo only for such s/w otherwise basic un-installation+CCleaner is fine.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I used Revo for the first time and I have one question: After removing KIS, Revo indicated 2142 registry entries of KIS still left in the system. Should I simply choose "Select All" and delete these or should I select only the entries indicated in Bold?

I have bold out the answer

Top Bottom