Problem: Unable to burn audio cd using 320 kbps VBR Rips [From a particular site]

Status
Not open for further replies.

prajneet

Broken In
hi..
I have some high bitrate mp3s, but the problem is that whenever i burn an audio cd using these tracks (which are 320 kbps vbr's as mentioned in the title), the cd doesnt get burnt right. Firstly, it takes about an hour for the writing to be done. Secondly, when i play the disc on either my car audio system, or my pc even, it doesnt play back. The timer keeps running, but there's no sound. I am using nero 7 ultra. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. If i burn an mp3 disc, using those very tracks, it works fine.

Last edited:

kl_ravi

Journeyman
prajneet said:
hi..
There's this site from which i downloaded some music (I know what you would say to that),

Since you know what we are going to say why are you still taking a chance ???:twisted:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Nero 7's MP3 handling is buggy. First convert those files to .wav (using winamp or anything..) then burn an audio CD using nero. Or you could try using nero6.

OP
P

prajneet

Broken In
i did do that, i mean i had to convert them to a lower bitrate, and that too wma, since mp3 still didnt work..
i was just wondering, is there any way to fix the problem in nero 7..??
or is nero 6.6 the solution..??

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Which MP3 encoder are you using LAME or MP3 Pro ....
Get a MP3 Pro encoder from *www.iis.fraunhofer.de/amm/download/software/index.html

1) Try to google for Goldwave and install it.
2) Put the encoder you have downloaded into Goldwave's installed folder.
3) Now just re-encode your MP3's and try to burn it.

kalpik

JGuru said:
Encode the MP3 files at 128 kbps using MP3Doctor (www.mp3doctor.com) & start burning them using Nero 6.
Just FYI JGuru, encoding it to 128 kbps MP3 will reduce the quality of the sound. That's why i suggested to convert to wave, as that's a lossless format!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Kalpik, I know that encoding MP3 files at 128 kbps reduces quality. WAV files are
too big in size. AAC is lot better than MP3(can give the same quality at almost half
the size of a MP3 file). But his car audio system won't support AAC audio!!

Last edited:

kalpik

Nah.. He wants to make an audio CD! So it doesnt matter which format it is! And re-encoding from one lossy format to another lossy format always reduces quality (be it mp3 or AAC or whatever!)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
You can try Blaze Media Pro all-in-all powerhouse software for Audio/Video
editing & for burning Audio CD etc., Get it from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom