Problem running halflife 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellGuardian

Broken In
hey guys!

i have installed half-life 2, it gives frame rate info on right-bottom part of the screen, how do i turn it off? whats the console command for it?

and another, it stucks in between the game, like im playing and there'll be a short stutter, then okay again. im running it at 1024x768 and at highest setting, except that anialiasing is turned off, its trilinear filtering. so whats the prob with it?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
the stuttering is due to the lower cpu clocks ... if u noticed the "source" recommended system .. then u'll see that it requires a 2GHz processor ... may it be pentium or athlon .... thats because of the physics engine used ... so in this case a p4 2.8 will easily perform better than a a64 2800+ @1.8GHz ... even if u play at higher res .. u'll get the stuttering .. get the latest 76.44 drivers .. they seem to have minimized a bit of the stuttering ....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
install the patch provided by valve to deal with stuttering problem

type this command in console to remove the fps display

cl_showfps 0

OP
H

HellGuardian

Broken In
hey, i think that the game stutters because it auto-saves at frequent points, i have read in many forums that once u pass through that point and come back again, the stutter does not happen. i may be wrong but is there anyway to switch off auto-save via console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom