problem opening large pdf file

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandhu

Right off the assembly line
hi guys ....... i have a pdf document 285 mb in size which i am unable to open on my laptop (1.73 Ghz 256 MB ram ) .... i have tried using foxit as well as adobe ... but the file doesn't open .... i guess the problem is because of big size ......is there any way i can open it on my laptop ? thanx

anand1

In the zone
It may also due to low Memory available. Try to shutdown all other applications before opening it. And if do not works then try to invrease the Virtual Memory of your system.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@sandhu, do you get any error.

open Task Manager & keep a watch on the "Process" tab & CPU usage (when u open that file), if adobe gets listed & cpu usgae is ~100%, then wait for some time.

OP
sandhu

sandhu

Right off the assembly line
Try it please..and than post the result.

don't have access to another system at moment ..... will try asap ... thanx

It may also due to low Memory available. Try to shutdown all other applications before opening it. And if do not works then try to invrease the Virtual Memory of your system.

increased pf size from 370 to 740mb ..... doesn't help :(

@sandhu, do you get any error.

open Task Manager & keep a watch on the "Process" tab & CPU usage (when u open that file), if adobe gets listed & cpu usgae is ~100%, then wait for some time.

don't get any error message ........ when opening with foxit reader .... foxit reader gets listed in processes and cpu usage is 100 % ..... but document doesn't open even after waiting for an hour ...... in case of adobe ..... it gets listed in processes with cpu usage 100 % but usage drops to 3-4 % within a few minutes ...... adobe reader window opens but doesn't show the document .....and no error message is displayed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom