Problem installing XP....need help URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

napster007

Padawan
hello,

i have been facing problems installing windows xp on my compaq c300 laptop. when i boot up with the CD it loads the necessary files and stuff and in the first option menu where it asks if i want to install or repair and stuff, when i select to install the XP, it says that the "No hard disks have been found connected to the laptop". this problem had occured before but at that time it got solved when i disabled the 'Sata native support' in the BIOS. but now it makes no diference wether i turn it on or off.

please help me with this problem, i need to get my laptop running ASAP.

regards.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Coz the SATA drivers for your hard disk is missing. You must first install SATA drivers when the those Windows files loads. The very first option would be i think "Press F2 to install third party SATA drivers" or something! If you dont have the drivers use the option i did, on my PC, went to BIOS and there was an option saying use the HDD as IDE. I selected that and installed XP.

paroh

Padawan
First enable sata support in ur bios and download the sata drivers
Code:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32478.exe
U need to customize ur windows xp installation disk by using nlite and intergrate the sata drivers in ur xp installtion disk download nlite from here
Code:
*www.nliteos.com/download.html
see how to use nlite to intergrate the drivers use this tutorial
Code:
*www.winaddons.com/nlite-14-tutorial/
Note to use nlite u need Net Framework 2.0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom