Problem installing Ubuntu

ss max

Broken In
I was using ubuntu 10.04 LTS along with Windows from long time but some days before i thought to upgrade it and using the update facility i did so but after full update some problem occured and so ubuntu was not able to boot correctly then i tried to reinstall it after removing the previous installation but then after completing every step when it was installing in half way the screen started blinking and remained so for a long time then i cancelled the installation and from since then i am not able to install ubuntu on my desktop i tried downloading the new image (ubuntu 11.04) from the site and burned it same problem was coming again and again in installation . I am not able to figure out the problem , please suggest a remedy :?::?: .

khmadhu

change is constant!!
Re: All Ubuntu problem Here .

did u tried formatting the partitioning to ext4 in which u want to install Ubuntu.?
if problem persists try scanning whole drive for errors/bad sectors and fix it. and then try to install again..

OP
ss max

ss max

Broken In
I have done the formatting in that format only and also i have checked for errors but everything is fine.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
since then i am not able to install ubuntu on my desktop

r u trying to install ubuntu from windows using Wubi..? OR u r installing from boot..?

try to install from USB drive. by using pendrivelinux or unetbootin software..

OP
ss max

ss max

Broken In
I Have tried that way of using the pendrivelinux but even after changing my boot order i am not able to boot from pendrive .

Anish

Spectre
Try this way:
1. Boot up with the livecd
2. run gparted and partion your hdd for linux - mint has gparted in livecd i dont know about ubuntu. (4 partitions is enough /[ext4], /home[ext4], /boot[ext4], swap)
3. Then reboot and try installing from the live cd itself.

Top Bottom