Problem in installing Win XP SP3 from Flash Drive

nil_3

In the zone
Whenever I try to clean install Win XP SP3 from my flash drive, it properly boots but thereafter gives the message:

"No previous version of Windows NTcan be found on your computer. Setup cannot verify that you qualify to install this upgrade product.

To quit Setup, press F3."

There is no problem in installing from the disc with CD-rom but currently there is no CD-ROM in my system an I am in urgent need to install Win XP SP3 in my system. Please help.

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
*www.google.co.in/search?q=installi...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

I am making it clear that I know how to create an .iso file and how to import the .iso image into a flash drive.

When the image imported image from Flash Drive is burned in a disc, there is no problem in getting a clean install of Windows XP SP3. Moreover I can also clean install Windows 7 from the Flash Drive.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you are doing something wrong because the usb setup should not give you an upgrade install error message.check your steps again or follow different methods.

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
Just sorted out the problem. It was with an old BIOS. Installed the new BIOS and Win XP installation smooth-sailed!!!

Surprisingly, old BIOS can go with Windows 7 But not with Win XP SP3!!! Strange enough!!!

Top Bottom