Problem connecting to PPPoe

rakz

Broken In
Model : TP-Link TD-W8968
Firmware Version:0.6.0 1.3 v0005.0 Build 131226 Rel.33881n
Hardware Version:TD-W8968 v1 00000000

Hello. I am having problem connecting to the PPPoe using the EWAN port. I'm facing this problem
since a few days ago, before which it was perfectly fine. I'm not connected to any modem, but the
Cat-5 cable from the ISP goes directly into the router's EWAN. I'm using the router in 'Wireless
mode
'. This problem persists even after upgrading to the latest firmware and persisted before
upgrading also.

The problem is as follows.
Whenever I press the 'connect' button on the 'WAN Settings' page, the router goes into
a 'connecting...' loop. OR It displays 'Connecting...' for 3 secs and reverts back to '
Connect
'. In both the cases nothing is written into the Debug log. This problem sometimes gets
solved after 2-3 router reboots. If not, I try the below method. Also whenever I disconnect and try
to reconnect again, the problem reappears and gets solved only by constant reboots.
Sometimes I switch to the 'Always on' method and the router successfully connects to the
Internet.

I always ensure that my ISP servers are up and the Internet is not down either by connecting to the
Internet via my PC or by connecting the cable to my LAN port and dialing to PPPoe from the PC.
Which also ensures that my cable is not damaged either.

Please provide me a possible working solution :(

OP
rakz

rakz

Broken In
Hey, please also post your problem here so that they may release a patch or something.
Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Routers

What is your firmware version ?

rock2702

Padawan
I have the v1 hardware version and on the latest firmware ie same as yours I think.Did you manage to get the router working in between?I

Message me your cell no. so that we can talk about this on whatsapp.

Top Bottom