Problem Connecting to Internet in windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirtan

Journeyman
Hi,

Everything was working fine until i faced a nagging problem yesterday.My Laptop Running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 suddenly stopped connecting to the internet.I have a cable connection from a Local ISP through which i connect to the net. The same connection is working fine in Windows Xp.I've tried everything from changing the IP address in accordance to the netwrk but the connection status shows Unidentified network wth limited connectivity.And whenever i try to configure the IP address it gives me a Warning that the default gateway is not under the same network as the IP and the subnet mask..the same IP configuration works fine in Windws Xp.And in the morning it didn't even connect..it shows as Cable disconnected even if Cable was connected to the LAN port..BTW here are the IP configuration details..

IP Address:172.22.11.121
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 172.22.10.1

Primary DNS: 202.65.128.1
Secondary DNS: 202.65.128.2

I've tried uninstalling and installing the network Adapter,but still the problem persists.I ve checked the LAN card for any fault,it's working fine.I was able to connect my Laptop and Desktop using a RJ-45 cable.

please give me any suggestions..guys..i'm stuck :!:

RMN

In the zone
everytime i connect the modem to a different computer i get the "Limited Connectivity" on XP or Vista.
I just have to phone my ISPs Cust. Care and ask then to reset the IP address.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@kirtan

And in the morning it didn't even connect..it shows as Cable disconnected even if Cable was connected to the LAN port..

If in this state the same works fine under Windows XP, then please go to your network adapter's config settings and play with the Speed / Duplex settings

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/3560/51163910.jpg

use these options one by one and see if any of them works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom