Problem Accessing Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanket1425

Broken In
:confused:I use a compaq laptop with win XP sp2. It has 2 partitions, c & d. OS is installed on c. When I try to access some folders and files on d drive, it gives the message "Access Denied". Also these files/folders cant be deleted. These files are not 'read only' and not locked also because i am the administrator of the laptop.
This all happened when i installed windows vista transformation pack to it. After installing, it worked properly for few days, but after some days, due to corruption of some files of it, my laptop failed to boot. Then i formatted drive c on which the OS was installed and reinstalled windows XP sp2 on it without changing the file system. But after installing XP newly, when I tried to access some of the folders/files on another drive d, it displaye message "Access Denied". When I tried to delet them, another message displayed, "Make sure that disk is not full or write protected".

casanova

The Frozen Nova
It seems there are some problems with security permissions.

Open Explorer. Click Tools > Folder Options. The Folder Options dialog will open up. Click on the view tab. Scroll down to the bottom and uncheck the option "Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)"

No, right click on the folder that you are not able to access and select properties. Click on the securities tab. Check if you have access there. Incase, you don't have the access, you would need to grant yourself the access but before granting access to self, you would need to take the ownership for that folder. The dialog boxes should come in handy to help you go further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom