Prob in installing XP on HP dv4-1204TU Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a HP dv4-1204TU laptop which came with Windows Vista Home Basic pre-installed on it. Now, due to my work requirements (VS 2003, Oracle etc.), I formatted (thereby removed Vista) using Windows 7 DVD. I want to install Windows XP SP2 or above on one of the partitions. But when I boot the system from the XP CD, an error screen (Blue) appears after initializing. And hence I am not able to install XP on it.

After going through many posts available, I got to know that I need to either (a) disable SATA option in my BIOS, or (b) Slipstream SATA drivers with XP. The problem is that I couldn't find an option to disable SATA in the BIOS. I even tried slip-streaming SATA drivers with XP..The same error occurred then too. I am not sure if I included the right drivers.

I even installed Windows 7 on my laptop and then tried to install the XP Mode feature, but this failed as it said that my hardware doesn't support virtualization which is a requirement for XP Mode.

Now I am stuck with the problem. Can anybody help me in installing XP on my laptop? Its very important for me..plzz help..

khmadhu

change is constant!!
u should be able to disable native SATA support in BIOS. try resetting the bios settings.

if this doesn't work u have to upgrade u r BIOS(flash u r bios) and try it.

warning: This is for advanced user (some of u r devices may not work properly if u get wrong bios). do it at u r own risk!!.

my suggestion would be try installing xp virtually. use vmware or sun virtualbox to install xp.(this requires min 2gb of ram to work properly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom