Private folders Are not Private

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Well in windows XP one can make the contains of the <user account> folder private, which simply means the other user on the same Window XP computer cannot access the files contains in the subfolders there on.

But suppose if I have a critical data on the other harddisk (hda1) attached to my computer, how will I be available to make the files and folders private to me ????

saROMan

QA Juggler
technically if the HDD is permenetly attached to ur machine then it wll act as another partn for ur XP ..but u oftenly remove it.....then u can go 4 some FOlder safety utils ...there are many threads runnin....in this sec...just search 4 it...

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
I know this, but I don't know how to make my folders private if the second hdd say is attached to comp permanently. ??? Please tell me how to go about doing this. Ya the folder password thing is there but i am not interested in it since i haven't found any freeware to do it as yet. Please help saROMan and guys.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you make your folders private on Windows XP, no one will be able to access the folders except you. To make a folder private on any hard disk, shared or not, connected permanently or not, all you have to do is right click the folder, select Properties>Sharing>Local Sharing and Security and check the "Make this folder private" box. No one else will be able to access the folder, subfolders and files. To setup a more advanced policy for the folder permissions, you will have to turn off Simple File Sharing and configure permissions, but all that isnt necessary if all you want to do is make it private.

Tech&ME said:
I know this, but I don't know how to make my folders private if the second hdd say is attached to comp permanently. ??? Please tell me how to go about doing this. Ya the folder password thing is there but i am not interested in it since i haven't found any freeware to do it as yet. Please help saROMan and guys.

use fake folder
its free and just search google you will find it
download it
i am using the same!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom