Printing a smiling face in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
tech_your_future said:
OK I did ask this on irc yesterday night, this is what I got *pastebin.ca/434096
So, they happen to agree with me, hmm?
Just to let you know, C_Dreamer is Richard Heathfield - who authored "C Unleashed" with several others. It's an excellent advanced level book that deals with different problems, how to tackle them in C.

He frequented in the Yahoo Programming:1, and we had some interesting talk over there during 2000-02.

aditya.shevade said:
@Yamraj

Can you suggest any book on C/C++ for linux programming interfaces? Or any site which might give the information.

And thanks for the list above, I was looking for that.

Aditya
What kind of Linux programming interfaces are looking for? There are different books for everything - for example, if you're to learn Linux network programming in C you should have UNIX Network Programming. Same for GTK+ GUI development, or learning Vi[M]/Emacs, Tcl/Tk, kernel programming etc.

It is recommended that you learn ANSI/ISO standard C first. When you're confident in your skills, you can always go for specialization later.

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Actually I am looking for GTK + GUI development.... as far as basic C is concerned, I have been using C under Windows for quite a long time now, but I have just switched to linux. I read about signals and fork, child, etc in 'Let Us C', by Y. Kanitkar.

I wanted to know if there is any book, which explains all this in a bit more detail. (Basic C programming in linux).

Thanks,
Aditya

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
aditya.shevade said:
Actually I am looking for GTK + GUI development.... as far as basic C is concerned, I have been using C under Windows for quite a long time now, but I have just switched to linux. I read about signals and fork, child, etc in 'Let Us C', by Y. Kanitkar.

I wanted to know if there is any book, which explains all this in a bit more detail. (Basic C programming in linux).

Thanks,
Aditya
Check ACCU book reviews - *accu.org/index.php/book_reviews/ and pick only "recommened" and "highly recommened" titles from your local book store.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
ASCIIs from 33-126 are available in Linux other are not shown I don't understand why??

Anyways I want a function similar to getch() i.e. waiting till a key is pressed and returning char/int value of the key. Plz if anyone can help. I m also looking for gotoxy() funtion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom