printer purchasing help me select one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Hi

As my budget have limitations , i got 3 options regarding laser b/w printers.
My need is to take notes of ebooks,monthly 2000-3000 pages.

budget is 4000-5500 rs so only 3 options i have like this....
*i9.tinypic.com/2q0q135.png

i read about xerox 3117 like this on techtree..........is it true ?

i heard that xerox phaser 3117 had kept a memory chip in the cartridge which will not allow the users to refill the cartridge. is it true. can anybody help me in this regard.
even shop keeper told me xerox 3117 is not refillable.

*i9.tinypic.com/2d7hd80.jpg

*i13.tinypic.com/44hhv2d.jpg

shop keepers suggested me hp becoz of good support and easy refilling avalibility....

prices i m getting as follows.......

hp 1018..............5300 rs
xerox 3117.......... 4500 rs
samsung 1610......5100 rs

pls give me suggestions so it will help me to make my mind..as i need this to take out ebook print out monthly 2000-3000...this much will load on printers...

is there any canon or epson printers which comes in range of 4-5 k.....

last question is.......
This ppm ,mhz,mb memory matters ? if yes then it will make big difference or it will make only slight difference

regards
mkmkmk

sakumar79

Technomancer
PPM - Pages Per Minute printed will affect speed of printing
MHz - refers to processor speed, but not sure how it will affect printer
MB - refers to buffer size... For large documents, larger buffer will give slightly faster output, for small documents it wont matter much...

Personally, I too would suggest HP for best service and support...

Arun

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes HP is a great brand with extensive support but their laser printer toners are damn expensive...if price is the deciding factor go for Samsung, Lexmark or several others in the market.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks for replies......

what about samsung ,hows results ,what about consumables ?
what about xerox..is it true its not refillable ?

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
priyadarshi said:
where does canon stand in the market?
It's one of the best along with HP...but I prefer Cannon over HP for quality of prints...although I use Epson (because of cheaper cartridges) at home in the office we have Cannon & HP but the Cannon printouts are much better and sharper...but that's my personal veiw point...you won't go wrong in purchasing either one of them.

Hey why don't you check either DIGIT or CHIP magzines for both DEC 2006 & JAN 2007 coz I remember that one of them carried a review on Laser printers.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
thanks caleb for u r personal views surely i will check dec 06 and jan 07 digit
i think people are not impressed with xerox so no much comments on it ....i will delete xerox from option now .
but still no comment on ................whether xerox is refiillable or not ?

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
mkmkmk said:
thanks caleb for u r personal views surely i will check dec 06 and jan 07 digit
i think people are not impressed with xerox so no much comments on it ....i will delete xerox from option now .
but still no comment on ................whether xerox is refillable or not ?
I have no idea if Xerox is refillable or not...but I wouldn't recommend refilling your HP or Cannon toners / cartridges because they eventully wear out your printer...besides these days you get some really good alternative cartridges & toners from decent brand names, instead of buying expensive refills from manufacturers like HP or Cannon...I use a company called PICA for my Epson and it only costs me just Rs.400/- for both Color & B/W and the print quality just as good as the original Epson cartridges. My Bro-in-Law also uses PICA for his Cannon Printer and he vouches for it's good quality prints.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
wow thanks for new information.......

PICA offers so cheap rate ,surely i will collect information first.....
by the way ...are these rates for laser cartrid.
In another post i have read u r reply....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49402
here u have mentioned PICA inkjet rates,so pls clear this confusion...

what is long form of PICA ?

edit.....
sorry i read both u r replies and u have mentioned inkjet prices thr and laser in my post reply...

answer me pls...one more think.....
if i will go for hp...may i use PICA cartg.

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
mkmkmk said:
wow thanks for new information.......

PICA offers so cheap rate ,surely i will collect information first.....
by the way ...are these rates for laser cartrid.
In another post i have read u r reply....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49402
here u have mentioned PICA inkjet rates,so pls clear this confusion...

what is long form of PICA ?

edit.....
sorry i read both u r replies and u have mentioned inkjet prices thr and laser in my post reply...

answer me pls...one more think.....
if i will go for hp...may i use PICA cartg.
Sorry about the confusion, the prices I gave are only for inkjet printer cartridges as I was giving an example of my printer.

But I do know for a fact that for HP Laser 1018, PICA makes the 2612A Toner Cartridges and it gives approx 2500 of pages...in your case for HP Laser 1018 the compatible cartridge by PICA is 2612A...it is the same for other HP Laserpinters ie. HP LJ 1010, 1015, 1012 & 3030

I don't know the full form of PICA but the company name is LIPAP and you can also go to their website at *lipap.com and click on "LATEST PRICING" > "Laser Toner Products"

That website also gives price list for the Toner Cartridge we are discussing here but it is a bit confusing...that's why I did not quote a price here...but their Inkjet price list it is very clear.

I also recommend that you read their "More Information" > "Misconceptions" section and also "Cash for Empty Cartridges" section...it will help to clear any doubts that you may have.

Last edited:
OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks caleb for link.
i got pune dealers adress so i will visit him some day ,u have solved my post printer consumable problem.
I have planned to go for hp this weekend,but if canon and epson will be in my budget i will think of that option too.

really appreciating u r helping nature ...thanks again

P

priyadarshi

purchased HP laserjet 1020 and found it better than any other printer available in the market in same range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom