Printer problem: last few hair strands left ..plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
My printer HP Deskjet 640C has been making me pull my hair apart for the past few days. I always print plain text.I usually select the DRAFT option while printing since it saves ink. I am using this printer for the last 4-5 years.
Now whenever i select the DRAFT option and print the printer prints half the page and stops. The whole page is wasted as a result. But if I try it with the Normal/Best option it prints flawlessly. I cant understand what the problem is!
I have tried downloading the driver frm HP website and installing it! No use! i removed the printer and let XP find the printer and install a driver for it! No use!
I even cleaned the printer interiors as i though it may be a problem due to dirt and dust. Still the problem persists.
Plz Help.... Thanks

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
With draft option on restart your print spooler and check. If that doesnt help print using alternate drivers which should resolve the issue.

Edit: After research.

While using DRAFT mode, the printer will print VERY fast compromising the print quality. May be the printer is not able to digest that speed now. You can visit the below given site for configuring and using alternate drivers.

*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=npu00132&lc=en

Hope this helps.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks 4 ur reply.... will try ur suggestion and let u know
cheers n merry x'mas
iinfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom