Printer Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafia_Unit

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I hav a hp deskjet 610c printer with a pentium III 450 MHz machine, 128 MB RAM and a 40GB Seagate Hard Disk.

The printer was running fine wen one day the print was a bit shaky in a particular vertical line. Then it was sent to service station and after that it was workin fine wen one fine morning the printer did not respond. The print head, on givin print instruction gets to the middle and stops there. Then the orange light at the top right corner of the printer started flashin. Everythin was fine but the printer did not respond.

Again it was sent to the service station only to find that it worked fine there.

I tried by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but of no use.

The problem to my best knowledge rose wen i updated the hard disk from 6.3 GB to the current 40 GB.

Wat cud b the problem ?
Plz help !

AlienTech

In the zone
Mafia_Unit said:
Hi guys,

I hav a hp deskjet 610c printer with a pentium III 450 MHz machine, 128 MB RAM and a 40GB Seagate Hard Disk.

The printer was running fine wen one day the print was a bit shaky in a particular vertical line. Then it was sent to service station and after that it was workin fine wen one fine morning the printer did not respond. The print head, on givin print instruction gets to the middle and stops there. Then the orange light at the top right corner of the printer started flashin. Everythin was fine but the printer did not respond.

Again it was sent to the service station only to find that it worked fine there.

I tried by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but of no use.

The problem to my best knowledge rose wen i updated the hard disk from 6.3 GB to the current 40 GB.

Wat cud b the problem ?
Plz help !

Thats very intresting... I had an apollo 1200, HP (bought apollo computers 15 or so years ago) color OEM printer that worled fine (well I bought like 8 of them for $15 each.. since the cartridge itself cost $25).. I tried a few of them and they worked just fine.. I bought one to india and it showed the very same problem.. Gets stuck right in the middle like that. Changed power supplies and tried other cartridges etc, same thing.. It stops right in the middle and the orange light starts flashing.. But good to know that maybe it might work again :) since I still have 6 or so brand new color carts left but no printer.. Actually its the same cart so maybe when you need a new cart :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom