Price of external HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Friends, can anyone tell me the price of an external 40 GB(3.5 inch/5400 R.P.M) hard disk. Is it better to get a ready-to-use one or do I need to get the disk/covers/USB cords separately and then assemble them ? :confused:

Any suggestion is welcome.Kindly reply before this weekend. :)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
royal said:
Friends, can anyone tell me the price of an external 40 GB(3.5 inch/5400 R.P.M) hard disk. Is it better to get a ready-to-use one or do I need to get the disk/covers/USB cords separately and then assemble them ? :confused:

Any suggestion is welcome.Kindly reply before this weekend. :)
Ready to use external HDD's are expensive but you can buy a case ready for plug and play all you need to do is insert the HDD cable to the case (the cables are given with the case). A company called GEMINI makes decent and very economical cases...I just bought a case (without cooling fan)few months ago for Rs.500/- and I had aslo bought a case (with cooling fan...this case was larger also meant for connecting DVD drives to make them external) for Rs.850/- all the necessary cable are provided with the case.

So here are prices:
GEMINI HDD to USB Case = Rs.500/-
Samsung / Seagate / Maxtor / Western Digital 40 GB HDD = Rs.1900/- (but I sugget you buy a 80GB HDD coz the price difference is only Rs.200/-

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
caleb said:
Ready to use external HDD's are expensive but you can buy a case ready for plug and play all you need to do is insert the HDD cable to the case (the cables are given with the case). A company called GEMINI makes decent and very economical cases...I just bought a case (without cooling fan)few months ago for Rs.500/- and I had aslo bought a case (with cooling fan...this case was larger also meant for connecting DVD drives to make them external) for Rs.850/- all the necessary cable are provided with the case.

So here are prices:
GEMINI HDD to USB Case = Rs.500/-
Samsung / Seagate / Maxtor / Western Digital 40 GB HDD = Rs.1900/- (but I sugget you buy a 80GB HDD coz the price difference is only Rs.200/-
How to use those cases? Can you show me a picture of it.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't have picture of it...but don't worry it is very very simple. Infact it is simpler than adding an internal HDD to your PC. Gemini also provides a manual with pictures.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
caleb thx for replying .:p

Do u think its better to go for 2.5 inch or should I go for 3.5 inch HDD? And what about the R.P.M.(5400/7200)? Also is it advisable to go for expensive cases(more than 1000 bucks) ? :confused:

Kindly answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom