Price of 3G iPhone May Be Cut to $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*neowin.net/images/news/logos/iphone.gif

AT&T is planning to put some extra shine on the even sleeker new Apple iPhone.

When the 3G iPhone is introduced this summer, AT&T, the exclusive U.S. iPhone sales partner with Apple, will cut the price by as much as $200, according to a person familiar with the strategy.

AT&T is preparing to subsidize $200 of the cost of a new iPhone, bringing the price down to $199 for customers who sign two-year contracts, the source says. Apple is expected to have two versions of the new iPhone, an 8-gigabyte-memory and a 16-gigabyte-memory model with price tags widely expected to be $399 and $499.

AT&T and Apple declined to comment.

*techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/29/att-to-cut-the-price-of-apples-new-iphone/

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cutting prices of 3G iPhone in US & UK won't affect us Indians........

Just don't launch that iPhone for more than 22K here in India......

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes it will, I know a lot of people who import it from the US :D
I actually meant to say.......There will be a price cut in the US, but in India (officially) it is going to sell even at a higher price than the US.

Would be really nice if the 16 GB version was available for 20 K.
In my & your dreams......:D

Where is aryayush?
Just wanted to tell him that I tried out the iPhone of my father's friend yesterday and again repeat....
Crappy Camera & no real functionality of Bluetooth.....(I don't want to make this thread again a iPhone bashing thread...;))
.....Though I give it a 10 on the interface

Last edited:

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
^^yep not many would benifit.
only those who sign a 2 year contract with AT&T get the price cut(th rest of th amount will be sucked from your wallet from AT&T in the meantime anyway:razz: )

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
200$ 3G iphone is bullshit news.

unless they put extremely high rentals in the contract, as a result of which apple gets more money every month from ATT and on the long run, making more profit that they had with the first gen iphone.

but even this seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom