[Preview + Feedback] Digit October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Magazine contents are looking good but CD/DVD has dissappointed me as usual....Suse10 or Fedora Core6 shud be included in nxt month DVD..

g_goyal2000

Youngling
tech_mastermind said:
Great ! but i have already downloaded all these things. :D:D:D:D
Well me too buddy. Have a fast internet connection at my institute. Speeds upto 85 kbps. A 150 MB file downloads in an hour.
soham said:
Was expecting a motherboard review. Anyways looking forward to the graphics card review. 65 cards seem to be a huge lot.
They should start doing mobo & graphics card reviews more often. There are new mobos & display cards in the market every 1-2 months
tech_mastermind said:
Hope November cd/dvd contains useful things for us !
Same here.
Looking forward to more game reviews. I think they should provide demo versions of games they review each month. Atleast the end-user will be satisfied cos sometimes reviews are not just enough

Neeraj Singh

Broken In
i am very angry .....................why ??....................
please tell me what is the good reason for not including IE7 RC1
in this issue of digit ..........................
You guys are always late..........I know, You will give it somewhere in middle of november..........................Atleast tell me

blackpearl

The Devil
Just saw the cover page; models are here again ;)
I hope nobody has problems again with her strapless top and short skirts. LOL!!

soham

In the zone
Neeraj Singh said:
i am very angry .....................why ??....................
please tell me what is the good reason for not including IE7 RC1
in this issue of digit ..........................
You guys are always late..........I know, You will give it somewhere in middle of november..........................Atleast tell me

Digit doesnt come out with any issue in the middle of the month.
:p

anshul

Journeyman
Do I expect a load of wallpapers from digit in the next issue or start looking for counter measures. I have not seen muh of them since you started giving those movies?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
I was really shocked to see digit this time it was freakin awesome man.way better than last 3 issues.I think business has just picked up folks!

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Thanks, and we'd like to know more...what did you like? What didn't you like?

@all:
Remember, just making blanket statements like "This issue sucked" or "This issue was awesome" doesn't really help much, and that's the entire purpose of these threads.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Being a somewhat of an LotR nut, I have to point out that Humphrey Carpenter's biography & Shippey's books are more valuable than Martinez' Parma Endorion; all the so-called essays included in his book can be encountered in the LotR-Trilogy & The Silmarillion.

rajasekharan

Youngling
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful......u give me "zbrush".....beautiful.....:)
and i liked the letter about piracy....
yes, the s/w people need to price according to the economy of the country, then only they can say "Stop Piracy"....until then...."piracy Rulez!!!!!"...:)
by the way....the fast track was also excellent.......thanks a lot for the hard work done by your side...:)
especially for the graphic card shoot out

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Got the magazine yesterday from newsstand.
And was very disappointed. By what??
Well, the magazine of course.
Was never interested in this month's CD & DVD which were both missing from my pack (yes, both). Only got the magazine, Fast track & a blank jewel case.
Have wrote to the Digit Helpdesk regarding the issue with no response as of now.
Anyway, I was hoping that graphics card test drive would also include AGP cards. But alas, no AGP cards.
I would like to mention to the Digit Team that still most of the PC's here in India (or shall I say World) still have AGP slots which the Digit Team has clearly forgotten. Even if the vendors didn't send them the AGP cards themselves, they should have asked for them specifically later.
It would have been no problem if they had published the test drive a month later i.e. in November 2006 but it should have complete.
They didn't even mention that whether in future we can expect a test drive on AGP cards too.
125 bucks down the drain.
I demand that they publish a test drive on AGP cards in November or December 2006 issue.

soham

In the zone
Ok FatBeing you want to know more, you get it. First of all let me congratulate you on bringing out a fantastic graphics card review. This is how it ought to be. This was something which was missing in the last few issues. But I still have some complaints:

1. You could have brought some varity to the test by pairing the cards is SLI and cross-fire mode. This would have really helped the high end gamers.
2. The maximum resolution used for testing the high end cards is 1600*1200 which I think is not at all the resolution that high end gamers use. You also totally leave out on WideScreen resolutions.
3. You could have used HDR while testing the games. Tests on Quake 4 would have been appreciated.

Suggestions:

1. Please try to provide the street prices of whatever you review below thier box prices. This would give us a true idea of the price and what we can afford.
2. Please use 2GB of RAM to test the high end cards as this has now-a-days become a norm to use 2GB or more RAM to bring forth the true potential of these cards.

I hope you people are listening and please try to reply.

Finally keep up the good work and keep getting better.

:p

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
POOR LAPTOP RESEARCH

i was eagerly awaiting ur october issue when i saw it on the news-stand. it fascinated me because of 2 thing- the laptop shootout and the "career in post-production" as i want to buy one and i was researching laptops for the past 1 month on the net and in local shops and had contacted all 10-12 laptop making companies in india (thanks to u for featuring their ads and contact nos. in various issues) and i am interested in a career in multimedia(sound/video recording and editting/post-production)

but i was dissapointed because u havent done ur research well on the laptop shootout & more info on post-production cud b given,

first u failed to mention the following things

1-dell is the only company in india which allows laptop customization and lets u build with ur own configuration to suit ur needs and budget and also provied complete cover and replaces the whole laptop incase of water spills, drops ,etc.

2-dell is the only company providing core2duo laptops in the series, which no other laptop companies are doing at the moment and the inspiron 9400 with nvidia go7900GS

customize laptops here *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks_in?c=in&l=en&s=bsd

or goto www.dell.co.in

which is cheaper than the sony in the "desktop replacement" category.

3-and even with the core2duo and the following configuration, inspiron 6400 stays below the 70000 mark.

CORE2DUO T5500 1.66 667MHZ FSB
xp sp2 home
1024*1=1GB DDR2 667MHZ DUAL CHANNEL
ATI Mobility 1400 256mb
120GB 5400 /80gb 7200rpm HDD
15.4"WXGA SCREEN
90w adapter
large backpack

atleast u shud have reviewed the core2duo inspiron 6400 model separately

4-u failed to mention HP dv6114tx in the "usual suspects" which is a good model with MCE 2005 and the latest in the 6000 series in India so muchso that a google search of "hp pavilion dv6114tx" returns just 1 search

there many forums on the net like "www.notebookreviews.com" ,etc. about which u shud have mentioned as extra resources

and as for the goofs

the "hitachi hdd" ad features a "flash based sandisk mp3 player" as comparison. shouldnt they be showing a "hdd based mp3 player"

also i expected more on the topic of "career in digital post-production" like
the pay, work involved and the recruiting companies and news channels, field of sound engineering

also u failed to mention the "SAE-school of audio engineering" college with branches in mumbai, delhi, chennai, etc. with reputed facutly like SP Balasubramaniam for audio engineering

and the course fees and courses offered by various colleges
all prodcts shootout?

like u had a gpu shootout this month, why not have a shootout of all products from cpu's to hdd's?? it wud mean ntimes more work 4 u nd double price 4 the december issue but im sure its possible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom