[Preview + Feedback] Digit November 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
hey guys....

Is there any way to get the Digit issue without the CD / DVD ???? :-(

It never contains as I expect from Digit.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
All i see is people cribbing about not getting what they want on CD/DVD... well use the By Demand section and demand it... I promise to give everything demanded so long as:

it's not a linux DVD
has not been given before
is not illegal

Everything else is cool

Raaabo

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
shirish_nagar said:
hey guys....

Is there any way to get the Digit issue without the CD / DVD ???? :-(

It never contains as I expect from Digit.

The place i live, we have a Service for 15Magazines in a month for Rs100. They Deliver a new Magazine and take away the old one after 2 days. So all in all i get hands and contents of the Tech Magazines with CD/DVD :D

dwipen_i2it

Right off the assembly line
the dvd was working fine but the cd wasnt opening at all..and system hanged even when i tried to open it manually..anyway great contents in the cd and so awaiting for a new replacement

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Raaabo said:
All i see is people cribbing about not getting what they want on CD/DVD... well use the By Demand section and demand it... I promise to give everything demanded so long as:

it's not a linux DVD
has not been given before
is not illegal

Everything else is cool

Raaabo

So please why dont you give 3DS Max trial. Its never been on Digit CD/DVD.

I am a reader since 2 years + 11 Months.

Please Pleeding...

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Quiz_Master said:
So please why dont you give 3DS Max trial. Its never been on Digit CD/DVD.

I am a reader since 2 years + 11 Months.

Please Pleeding...
If you've been following the By Demand threads, you might have noticed our repeated reminders that we're not allowed to give the 3dsmax trial.

the code given at the end of the magazine for digit patrons in this issue is not working for me, I had mailed twice yet no reply from them????????

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
FT to open source software...GR8 JOB...

I already have Gulliver's Travels...sheesh. rest of the contents are too gud.

Vyasram

The pWnster
thanks for the full versions of ashampoo winoptimizer and burning studio

both are great

nice mag contents as well

looking for even better stuff next time:D

Right off the assembly line
Everything is Good - but I have one issue with Digit mag, when every other magazine offers archive editions in digital pdfs - why not digit. I remember it back in 2005 - but it was discontinued - may be we can have it back as it would help me and many others to get rid of their paper back issues and just keep the digital archive safe - pls consider this.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
@ Raaboo...

Sorry Dear Raaboo. I didnt noticed. Sorry for Demand.

But how do I register my Ashampoo softwares. Whenever I click on "Click here to Register" nothing happens. No browser window opens. I think there is problem with my flash player. Can someone send me the links where I can register them.

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
Buying Power Supplies

Agent001 went shopping for power supplies but he made the same mistakes everybody else does i.e. judging a PSU by only its total power rating. He failed to check the most important specification on the PSUs namely the maximum current rating of the +12V rail(s). Since the +12V rail is the most demanding in a PC, its recommended that you buy a PSU that delivers the maximum power on its 12V rail. A 400W SMPS with a max current rating of, say 30A, on its 12V rail is better than a 450W SMPS that can deliver only say 25A on its 12V rail. If a PSU can deliver higher current on its 12V rail, it means that you can add more components on your PC without having to fear of running out of power. Even cooling fans draws power from the 12V rail. Almost 90% of the power required by a PC is drawn from its 12V rail. A higher current rating on the +3.3V and +5 volt rails is not necessary and can only lead to incorrect buying decisions. For eg, my 500W SMPS has the following ratings:

+3.3V -- 22A
+5V --- 16A
+12V1 --- 15A
+12V2 --- 16A

So the max power power on the 3.3V and 5V combined is approx 150W (3.3x22+5x16) and that of the 12V rail is about 370W (12x31). Which means that even though I have a 500W SMPS the effective power rating is just a little over 400W (considering that 370W accounts for 90% of the power).

For a good guide on PSUs have a look at these links

*www.silentpcreview.com/article28-page3.html
*www.silentpcreview.com/article265-page1.html
*www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-338-1.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom