[Preview + Feedback] Digit July 2007

What type games would you like to see on the Digit CD / DVD?

• Lots of free games that will run on any PC

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Demos of the latest games (for higher-end PCs)

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
techno_funky said:
Nooooooooo!!!! :cry:

The Adobe suite wont install , i tried installing it off the DVD but it asks for the installation CD. Tried it again by saving the installer on my HDD ,installs but crashes whenever starting a certain program saying the software did not install properly hit that OK and BOOM !!! (the installer does warn you when done that there were certain errors). Man I so wanted to try the new dreamweaver and Photu-Shop :(
Well, this is a ridiculous error on our part, so apologies for that - I should have checked this better. Turns out that the CS3 installation is hard-coded to install from your optical drive's root directory.

But all is not lost. Copy the contents of the Tools\Multimedia\Adobe_CS3_Design_Premium folder to your hard disk and burn it on to a new DVD. If you don't have a DVD writer, use Nero to create an ISO image and mount it using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and run the installation from there. That should do the trick.

Again, apologies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@kumarmohit, thank you very much for the kind words! :)

I have authored the history, the iPhone chapter, the Mac OS X chapter and the switcher's guide. (120 pages approximately - i.e. two-thirds of the book).

Anand wrote the chapter on Macs and software.

Milind authored the iPods chapter and the one about the iLife suite.

@ssk_the_gr8
Yes, I "blatantly, shamelessly" want to know whether we've done a good job or not.

Please keep the reviews coming... :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you very much! :)

(P.S. Please do not insult it by labeling it as an "article"! It is a friggin' 6,000 words chapter.) :p

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Hey The Issue Is Really Great-

Fast Track To APPLE is Brilliant.:p
Maya, CS3 is Awesome.:)
Music and Games are unbeatable.:)
AND Magazine? SUPER SUPER and SUPER:D:D:D
Thank You Digit

TheMaskEditor

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,

Regarding the Fedora distro in July 2007 issue, is there any way that i can use it as a live DVD, i mean something like getting on the command prompt and starting the KDE or Gnome from the the command line, that too without installing it on a HDD. cuz i am very short of real estate on my hard drive.

Secondly I have a 1 GB pen drive, is there any way by which i can install linux on the per drive and create a live USB,

I tried installing it on the USB by following the screens on the DVD, even removed most of the apps to fit it on the USB, but still it did not work, half way through the installation i get some wired error message and bump.

i guess i had seen a tutorial with all the screenshots on some website (maybe redhat or frdora or something ....) where they had demonstrated installing the linux on the USB Stick.

as of now is there any way or any tutorial through with i can install the fedora on my USB stick, directly from the digit july 2007 DVD.

help would be appreciated.

BTW thanks for Urban terror, a few tips or article links on how to play the game would be appreciated, i am able to play it offline in "free for all" mode using bots but am not good at shooting, aiming and tackling them.

I get an err msg "swap error" when i try to play codered.

thanks

tMe:p

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
aryayush said:
Thank you very much! :)

(P.S. Please do not insult it by labeling it as an "article"! It is a friggin' 6,000 words chapter.) :p

u know what this is a coincidence.. i wrote chapter first & then thought it isnt a history lesson so i should not call it a chapter so i changed it to article:p

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
the multimedia protector given in digit was licensed as free but i found out it was just a trial and the installation asks for a unlock key which i didn't get though i registered on the site mentioned

if anyone has the unlock key plz post it coz i guess that's not violating the law

smj

Broken In
Hey my CD and DVD are missing. I'll buy another digit, but will it be given to me. The packet was sealed aand the cd-dvd box was sealed but there was no dvd

utsav

damn busy...
hey team digit over there.I am a bit confused.I won this month,s BEAT THAT contest but i forgot to mail my address with that picture.you'all didn't even asked me to give my postal address in the mag.What to do now to receive my gift.

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
aryayush said:
Yes, I "blatantly, shamelessly" want to know whether we've done a good job or not.

Ya sure, you all did a very good job and the FT is excellent. :)

BTW feeling sad after reading about Mayur's passing away in the 'Digit Diary' this month. I offer my deep condolence to his family members.

blackpearl

The Devil
Create your own Linux distro - very clever title. You really got me fooled. You didn't make any distro, you just customized it. I was expecting something else. duh!!

The Fastrack was good. But the history chapter came to a rather abrupt end. 1998 was the last year mentioned. What happened in the next 9 years? Either arya got tired of writing or you cut off the rest in order to keep it under size. Seems more like the latter, since arya getting tired of writing about Apple is impossible. :))

The free games were worthless. The visuals are so dated, looks like playing a pre-Windows 98 game. And the screenshot of the game "Excalibre: morgan's revenge" you provided on the DVD interface again got me fooled. The screen showed very pretty graphics. The game never looks like that. I don't know from where you got that. And please don't give multiplayer games.

Movie of the month should have been named "Nobody needs to see". Poor story, poor direction, poor acting. What a waste!!

Finally, instead of mentioning their names on each and every issues of Digit in small quarter page news, it would be much better if you bring out a FastTrack on them and write about them to your heart's content.
Fast Track to Paris Hilton and Britany Spears!! :))

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
^^
there is one more application (FontFrenzy) in this month's cd which is declared as freeware but is a trialware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom