[Preview + Feedback] Digit April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeet737

Right off the assembly line
My DVD seems to be faulty. It doesn't autorun, & the interface is absent too! Also most of the content in Multimedia section is corrupted. What to do?

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Hummm DVD Contained was Good And DVD Also.
But Next Time Please Give *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/63.gifVISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROFESSIONAL EDITION !!!!!!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/103.gif

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
Can anybody elaborate on the PCLinuxOS distro avaiable in the DVD. Does it contain the additional packages other than the usual ones shipped with regular iso?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's pclinux os 2007 as mentioen on the mag.
It's a regular cd iso image only though i've not burned or checked it yet with VM.
Tonight I will do so.

oorja

I bought my copy from the newstand. The dvd wont autorun simply because its blank. The vendor was kind enough to replace the copy with another one.
But its the same with the exchanged copy . The dvd in it also is blank. Can some one please tell me how can i get this dvd replaced

Aditya11

Journeyman
Still no response from admins regarding faulty dvd?? thats strange.

Atleast I am happy for the fact that I didnt miss out on anything big...most of the dvd space is occupied with useless Linux stuff anyways.

GabbarSingh

I cannot run Digit.exe from the DVD (Apr08). Get the message, Digit.exe is not a valid Win32 executable!!!

Fortunately am able to access other files on DVD.

Faced similar problem with Mar08 DVD but it was worse as I could not access most files on the DVD. Wrote to Digit folks and they sent another DVD with the same result!!!

I think the DVD media quality of Digit seems to be slipping. And yes, I have confirmed that my Optical drive is OK as it reads other DVDs.

Wonder if anybody in Digit will take notice of this?

jamsheed

dvd not working for april and march.. not working on my i-ball dvd writer.. u know some dvds wont work on some dvd drives... have u changed ur regular dvds.. stick on to the old one.. or i would have to go for another mag.. why should i buy a mag whose dvds are not working..?

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
I bought my copy from the newstand. The dvd wont autorun simply because its blank. The vendor was kind enough to replace the copy with another one.
But its the same with the exchanged copy . The dvd in it also is blank. Can some one please tell me how can i get this dvd replaced

Mail mat bhej*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/68.gif!!phone *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/100.gifkar. nahi to tera DVD Kachare mein jayega!!!!!!!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/31a.gif

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the guys who have got working DVD and don't want to burn 4 CD's to install BSD - just follow this guide to make a freebsd 7 bootable DVD :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84700

blackpearl

The Devil
There seems to be a fault in burning the DVD. The digit.exe file does not run and the autorun.ini file is blank.
I'm using Digit's Archive to browse the DVD content.

moshel

Padawan
hmm..
abt the speaker tests...

whats with u guys at digit testing the Tech-com and intex speakers???? how could u even afford to test those???? although u have not given any awards to those, but still dont u feel that looking at such a small price and the fact that they have been published in a premier tech magazine, ppl will be inclined to buy such good for nothing products??

and also no atp3????? atp3 is most certainly the most valuable product in the price:performance ratio and that has not been reviewed.

and really i cant help it but i have to say it that in the comparison table trying to find speakers from the likes of creative, logitech and altec lansing is a pain as they are lost between intexs' and tech-coms'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom