Preview + Feedback [August 2011]

echoplxx

Journeyman
Your Source Code to Success - This month we tell you how to make money from Open Source software
*img685.imageshack.us/img685/1014/digitcoverdesigneranilt.jpg
Cover stories
Who gets rich when you use FOSS?
Careers in Open Source
Make money from Open Source
India's Open Source story
Linux of the future

Feature articles
Streaming the tunes – Get all the music in an instant
PMP is dead! – Is the PMP era really drawing to an end, we find out
If cars could talk – Talking cars have already arrived. Here's a look at how they work
Sci-tech – How TCP and UDP work

Bazaar comparisons
Weapons of mass distraction – We look at the niche segment of high end gaming laptops
Portable hard drives – We pit the best drives against each other to help you select the best

Bazaar
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 – A sleek business ultraportable
HTC Flyer – Is HTC losing altitude?
TDK WR 700 headphones – High fidelity over the air
LG Optimus Black – Dark disappointment
Olympus PEN E-P3 – Street photographer's dream camera

Agent 001 – Laptop buying advice
Space Age – What will Aliens look like
World View – How to make a Windows time capsule

SKOAR reviews
LA Noire – Rock star takes you back to the 40s in its crime thriller
Duke Nukem – Alien butt kicker is back after a decade's absence

Fast Track
*img824.imageshack.us/img824/9889/ftcoverfacebookgoogle.jpg
Facebook and Google + - Everything you wanted to know to master the two most popular social networking web sites

Fast Track
*img828.imageshack.us/img828/2379/ftcoveriosaug11.jpg
iOS – Go in depth into one of the most celebrated mobile platforms out there

SKOAR magazine
*img508.imageshack.us/img508/8675/skoarcoverfinal.jpg
Latest reviews
Alice madness returns
FEAR 3
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Previews
Max Payne 3
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012

Features
Best gaming franchisees – Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil
Open Source gaming
Top 10 Flash games
and more...

Digit DVD
*img594.imageshack.us/img594/9441/dvdaugust2011copy.jpg
30 tools you need to automate a variety of tasks at home
Blogging apps – 20 apps you need to write the blog you always wanted
Angry birds + Harry Potter 2 Demo
20 Video apps – Shoot, edit, convert and catalogue your videos
Video tutorials on Photoshop basics
For list of full DVD contents click here

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol...at last :)

BTW what happened to DVD's?? Now they can't increase price anymore that's why decreasing the contents :p

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Your Source Code to Success - This month we tell you how to make money from Open Source software
*img685.imageshack.us/img685/1014/digitcoverdesigneranilt.jpg
Cover stories
Who gets rich when you use FOSS?
Careers in Open Source
Make money from Open Source
India's Open Source story
Linux of the future

Bazaar comparisons
Weapons of mass distraction – We look at the niche segment of high end gaming laptops
Agent 001 – Laptop buying advice

I'm buying this one. :grin:

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
Hey guys, there have been complaints about a single DVD being shipped with Digit. I'd like to make it clear that it's not because we're giving less content or anything, the two Fast Tracks and single DVD package is an ongoing pilot project we're doing for a few months. Infact this month there are two Fast Tracks and a standalone SKOAR! magazine along with Digit and a DVD, which means more content than ever in a regular issue.
We will be taking a call on whether there is more reader interest in DVDs or Fast Tracks in the next few months. We'd like your feedback, please write to editor@thinkdigit.com

wunder_boy_in

Right off the assembly line
This is really cunning and i did not expected this from Digit Team the july 2011 DVD carries the ADOBE flash builder logo and name when i loaded it and then searched the entire content for the software it was not there rather when i read the text it shows "BUILD A MOBILE APP IN FIVE MINUTES USING ADOBE FLASH BUILDING ARTICLE" just a pdf article.
my question is why the DVD front cover showcased it prominently making a illusion that it contains the entire software but a small PDF article ?

iOS – Go in depth into one of the most celebrated mobile platforms out there

Does the fasttrack includes tutorials for development ? or just the basic stuff. I requested to include fastrack for iOS last month and you seriously fulfilling it.

Terabyte

In the zone
Does the fasttrack includes tutorials for development ? or just the basic stuff. I requested to include fastrack for iOS last month and you seriously fulfilling it.
From what I see on the cover of FT its just the basics, like how to use iBooks and Game Center n all...
IIRC iOS development fast track was already out a year or two ago :-(

Now why in the world would you require a FT on Google+ when its not even open to everyone and most of the details are there on Google plus website as well :|

From what I see on the cover of FT its just the basics, like how to use iBooks and Game Center n all...
IIRC iOS development fast track was already out a year or two ago :-(

Now why in the world would you require a FT on Google+ when its not even open to everyone and most of the details are there on Google plus website as well :|

Oh. Thanks for the reply. For me, its not worth it now.

Skoar needs more content . Say prices of the games and list of good games that have been released in this year . Something like that !

Mentioning Dink Smallwood made my day . What a game that is \m/ but I like the initiative of having 2 FT's and 1 DVD . ios FT is good and I havent yet read the other one . Also the magazine is pending .

axis

Right off the assembly line
Why is the July issue preview still up on the website as current issue?

Mag+2xFT+SKOAR content looks good, but the DVD content is really weak. Is there any option of only buying the magazine without the DVD?

sygeek

Technomancer
I'm buying this one, don't disappoint me digit. To anyone who has already bought this issue, I would love a review here.

Top Bottom