PPP over Ethernet Protocol trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
Unable to install PPP over Ethernet Protocol in my Dataone Connection in Wiondows XP Home after double clicking PPPOE098.EXE happens nothing and no dialogue box where I can write my Log in name & password.

Checked LAN card and is working well in Windows 98.

Please help.

legolas

Padawan
use the inbuilt windows pppoe dialer... i mean create a new connection in the network connections tab and choose pppoe dialer... much simpler and better.

/legolas

praka123

left this forum longback
Open Network Connections...look at the left tab...click create a new connection..fill accordingly while ask dialog shows....

legolas

Padawan
thought u wud be familiar,

start -> control panel -> network connections -> create new connection(under networks tab in the left) -> click next -> click next(connect to internet) -> set up connection manually -> connec using broadband connection req. username and pass(2nd option) -> give any name -> fill in user and pass now or later... also create a shortcut on desktop. done.

/legolas

legolas

Padawan
well, ask for an installer from them again... may be the installer itself is corrupted. i hav airtel installer for pppoe, but i use windows dialer.. its much faster in connecting than the airtel! and they dont provide updates either... if u r to use that one... then only solution is to ask for the sdialer installation kit again. GL.

and reg. ur reply, u tried and it did or dint work? :-o

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom