powersupply info....URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

samninc

Broken In
hi
what is the minimum powersupply needed for ati hd4870 1gb.
is 300W ok?

below is my config with approx. prices .. please advise quickly about powersupply and the below config:

config:

intel core i7 920 processer======15.5k
apacer 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram===10k
segate 1tb sata2 3gbps hdd====5.5k
benq e2200hd monitor=========12k
sapphire/palit hd4870 1gb gpu====16.5k
integrated hd 7.1 audio
primesource hp82 chassis
Prime Source PFC SMPS 300W

budget is 80-85 as i posted before for my advise on core i7

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
300W for a system with HD4870. LOL !! You crazy ?? ROFLAMO !
Go with Cooler Master 600W supply. For your system, You will need it.
Yours is a high end system.

Compromising on the PSU is the biggest mistake you can make. And screw your system.

And Single HD4780 is not good enough for playing new games at FULL HD with Full High Settings, Like Crysis. You will need GTX280 or HD4870x2 !! Make no mistake. Full HD means 1920x1080.

All the best.

RMN

In the zone
its a good config but i would suggest you get a better chassis too...
at least Coolermaster Elite330 @ 1.9K

wait..
your budget is 85k..your posted config comes around 60k!
there is no reason you should settle on Primesource products!!!
with 20-25 K you can get an excellent PSU and Cabinet!

Last edited:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Crazy. It would blow up the day you bring your PC home!!! :razz:

Either get Cooler Master RS-550 Real Power 550W (5K) or Corsair VX450W (3.5K).

Warning: Do not go for Cooler Master Extreme Power Series!!! They are ticking Time-Bombs!!!

OP
S

samninc

Broken In
oopss,,,, i forgot to add motherboard

config:

i7 920==========15.5k
intel dx58so motherb=16.5k
ati hd 4870 1gb=====17k
1tb hdd==========5.5k
benq e2200hd======12k
4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram=10k
chassis+ps of primesource=6-5k

--------
@a_k_s_h_a_y ,, dont consufe yaar,, isnt hd4870 a best card on single gpu also considering its price...

RMN

In the zone
i don't think he has bought the system yet...

why primesource????!!

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
--------
@a_k_s_h_a_y ,, dont consufe yaar,, isnt hd4870 a best card on single gpu also considering its price...

Its a good card, v.good in fact. am not saying its not nice.. its great VFM.
Even HD4870X2 will get killed by Crysis at HD resolutions and Very High Settings.

*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-45238982&pid=931665

Here you go, one more
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-gtx-280,1953-18.html

So its like Its ok with HD4870, AVG FPS will be less then 30. For games like Crysis, if you play HD and full high settings with Anti Alising Turned on.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ok, so here is sum serious stuff. :)

First of all, to the Original Poster, dude, with tat huge config in mind and in reality, PLZ go for atleast 750W of PSU...
Check it here if u wat to... ---> *extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

See my siggy, and see the PSU tat i hv got (coz i will be adding 2 more gtx280, in total 3 x gtx280's in three way SLi)...

U better go for ATLEAST Corsair TX750, or if u hv upgradation in mind, like suppose u wanan add one more 4870 (to make it Crossfire)..go with atleast 1000 or 1100W psu from Tagan.....

Both Corsair and Tagan are best of brands.. :)
-----------

Corsair 750W PSU (model TX750) ---------------> Rs. 7K
Tagan 1100W PSU (model: BZ1100) -------------> Rs. 14.1K
--------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Using tat paltry low brand PSU of 300-350W will jus NOT run ur CPU AT ALL... buddy... :)
-----------

So, here is the clarification:

1.) Jus one 4870 (and NOT planning to upgrade even in future) -------> 750W PSU (corsair)
2.) Planning to add more than one 4870 and also for futureproofing ---> 1100W PSU (tagan)

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
havent bought yet ;)
That explains...
Anyways:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104472
Just as an FYI, 1333mhz rams are pretty disappointing against d9 micron/elpida/powerchip IC based cl4 1.8~1.9v rams if you compare the price. Check the TDP for i7 processors as well. If you are planning to buy this seriously, make sure you get some charcoal and some chilled beer for some barbeque as well. No pun intended but one has to be realistic. If you are planning to use 1TB as a primary HD for the OS as well, you are better off keeping a smaller capacity hard drive for the OS alone. As for the psu- as said before- cant afford a decent psu, dont even bother getting a decent system. More advance the system, more sensitive it is to voltage ripples and spikes. What is the purpose for this rig? Gaming? I rather save money by going for e8400+ biostar i45+ 4GB cl4 g skills rams, corsair tx650+ cm 690+ asus dx+ altec lansing mx5021+ WD 250GB primary drive and 640AACS secondary drive. Even an e7200 does well even on stock. If your reply is going to be based on the generic "future proof", then I suggest you wait for 2-3 months time. Atleast you will get better processors with lower TDP and rams will become cheaper.

acewin

Point Blanc
/nd as per my say the specs can be future proof only on basis of your usage, you can never be future proof if intend to high resource consuming apps and games.

if buying high end stuff u need to consider cooling options, PSU and cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom