power to motherboard

bestpain

good advicer
02012007164.jpg
this is my cabinet........when i was going to plug the power cable from cabinet to motherboard then i find my cable is all in one....plz give any solution....

Vignesh B

Youngling
Bhaiyaji aap kisi computer shop pe krwalo isse sahi woh krdega
:facepalm:
+1 for that.
Lol, just noticed that they really are power , restart "button" connectors.
Damn foolish me. :-x
Read this. The OP had a similar problem there.
Btw I suggest you to give your motherboard's manual a quick read, perhaps it would provide a solution.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not the power cable. More like the power button cable.

So what I am guessing is, you have bought a new motherboard + processor and you are using an old cabinet. The power button header is a weird one for your cabinet and does not fit on your new motherboard. Your old PC was a branded one? If yes, then this is something which OEMs do to lock their customers from upgrading.

What I can suggest you is, buy somekind of Jumper wire cables. Like these - Breadborad jumper wire 28pcs Pack - Female to Female | Simple Labs get rid of one female part. Cut the cable coming from power button and make manual wire connections. The female part goes onto the jumper. What else can you do? Aside from buying a new cabinet.

Avoid using native languages while posting outside Chit-Chat section. Many people don't know it and many like me feel dyslexic when Hindi is written in Roman script instead of Devanagari. If you really want to do it, do it properly. And people having only "lol Facepalm" as their contribution to this thread should take notice that if I see that smiley unnecessarily being used you, you might get ban. Beter spend some time to understand the problem.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
Not the power cable. More like the power button cable.

So what I am guessing is, you have bought a new motherboard + processor and you are using an old cabinet. The power button header is a weird one for your cabinet and does not fit on your new motherboard. Your old PC was a branded one? If yes, then this is something which OEMs do to lock their customers from upgrading.

What I can suggest you is, buy somekind of Jumper wire cables. Like these - Breadborad jumper wire 28pcs Pack - Female to Female | Simple Labs get rid of one female part. Cut the cable coming from power button and make manual wire connections. The female part goes onto the jumper. What else can you do? Aside from buying a new cabinet.

Avoid using native languages while posting outside Chit-Chat section. Many people don't know it and many like me feel dyslexic when Hindi is written in Roman script instead of Devanagari. If you really want to do it, do it properly. And people having only "lol Facepalm" as their contribution to this thread should take notice that if I see that smiley unnecessarily being used you, you might get ban. Beter spend some time to understand the problem.

thnx ico it helped me...will pm u for more information

what is female port?

Top Bottom