Power Supply Problem Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingshuk_sarkar

Right off the assembly line
I have original INTEL 915GAV motherboard with Graphic Slot (PCIe Express x16), Processor P-IV ( 2.8GHz HT ) , 768 MB of DDR RAM ( 400 FSB), Seagate SATA hard disk 120 GB, ASUS 52x CD-RW and a ordinary 400 WATT power supply (24 PIN).

Now, the problem is whenever i am going to use it with some graphic load (Means Playing Games or using of Multimedia Software etc.) or working more than one work ,the processor FAN is going to speed up and the processor is heated up.

" I found it that it will happed due to the power supply "

Now, what is the exact power supply for the mothe board. Please reply me the company name of the SMPS with exact watt and the price also that make my work smooth.
Also notice that if i stalled a graphic card then it should work with the same power supply.

Please reply me soon as because i have to buy a SMPS soon. Hope i will get a satisfactory answer soon over email. ( kingshuk425@yahoo.com)

Thanking You.

Kingshuk Sarkar
West Bengal

T

thunderbird.117

kingshuk_sarkar said:
I have original INTEL 915GAV motherboard with Graphic Slot (PCIe Express x16), Processor P-IV ( 2.8GHz HT ) , 768 MB of DDR RAM ( 400 FSB), Seagate SATA hard disk 120 GB, ASUS 52x CD-RW and a ordinary 400 WATT power supply (24 PIN).

Now, the problem is whenever i am going to use it with some graphic load (Means Playing Games or using of Multimedia Software etc.) or working more than one work ,the processor FAN is going to speed up and the processor is heated up.

" I found it that it will happed due to the power supply "

Now, what is the exact power supply for the mothe board. Please reply me the company name of the SMPS with exact watt and the price also that make my work smooth.
Also notice that if i stalled a graphic card then it should work with the same power supply.

Please reply me soon as because i have to buy a SMPS soon. Hope i will get a satisfactory answer soon over email. ( kingshuk425@yahoo.com)

Thanking You.

Kingshuk Sarkar
West Bengal

Get a 450 Watts from Antec or Vantec. For cheaper brands go for zebraronics.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well i think that is normal. all new AMD systems have a technlogy "CoolnQuite" which allows the fan speed(to reduce noise and power consumption) to be controlled based on the temp of the processor, which directly depends on the load.

Your Intel must have the same kind of technology with a diff name. so i think that is all quite normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom