Power saver under 60k?

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
b. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
Both these are preferred but can be increased if laptop is VFM

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
Preferably India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Anything
b. Dislike: Absence of extension of warranty,Excessive Heat,Cheap Looking

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Office work,Browsing,HD video watching,Games like NFS old version,

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Games like NFS,Civilization IV

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Minimum 3-4 hrs Higher the Better

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Like to see if possible

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows and Linux

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Should be decent HD capable

12) Optical Drive?
Not interested If present good other wise no problem.Slot loading is preferred

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
But HP is known for its huge problems like the heating issues.I Like HP laptop bcoz they are cheap and feature rich.If only they could concentrate on the perfecting their present model i am sure they can over throw any other company.

check these
VPCSB37GG : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India
VPCSB36FN : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

aroraanant

Explorer
The OP is interested in a light weight and a portable laptop.
And he is gonna play only few old games and not high graphics games,so can say he is not much into gaming and don't require a high graphic card.
So why are you guys suggesting him HP DV6 laptop.
And the OP is also not interested in a Disc Drive and I think one don't need it much now, even I haven't used mine from a long time(around 2yrs).

@OP->
I suggest you have a look at Sony C Series ans S series laptop,here are few specific models if you want:
Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB36FN
Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB37GG
Sony VAIO C Series VPCCA35FN
And also check out Asus U Series U36SD-RX010V

Last edited:
OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
The OP is interested in a light weight and a portable laptop.
And he is gonna play only few old games and not high graphics games,so can say he is not much into gaming and don't require a high graphic card.
So why are you guys suggesting him HP DV6 laptop.
And the OP is also not interested in a Disc Drive and I think one don't need it much now, even I haven't used mine from a long time(around 2yrs).

@OP->
I suggest you have a look at Sony C Series ans S series laptop,here are few specific models if you want:
Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB36FN
Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB37GG(as this is on clearance sale on letsbuy,you can avail a discount of 1k on it)
Sony VAIO C Series VPCCA35FN
And also check out Asus U Series U36SD-RX010V

What abt the Sony Vaio VPCSB16FG
IS it good i like the configuration but don't like the color that is pink a little girly look.
How is the service of sony laptops i mean are they reliable in other fields sony provides good support wat abt laptop?
Can i change the HDD that is 5400RPM to 7200RPM by me or will some officials do it?

How abt the dell inspirion 13z

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
HP Notebook dv6-6165tx Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

will this do? :)

Why the hell are you suggesting a 15"6 laptop when its clearly mentioned by OP that he want smaller ones? Please don't reply without reading the post fully!

aroraanant

Explorer
What abt the Sony Vaio VPCSB16FG
IS it good i like the configuration but don't like the color that is pink a little girly look.
It is discontinued by the company.
Though some store may be having it and it was available in other colors also.
BTW Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB36FN is better than VPCSB16FG both in terms of specs(the processor of VPCSB16FG is lil old) and price.

How is the service of sony laptops i mean are they reliable in other fields sony provides good support wat abt laptop?
Sony laptops have least failure rate and are pretty good in performance and in terms of service it is similar to other fields.

Can i change the HDD that is 5400RPM to 7200RPM by me or will some officials do it?
Yes you can,but the dealer/company will not do that for you.
You have to do it by yourself,you can buy a 7200rpm HDD and keep the 5400rpm HDD with yourself and buy a casing for it(which will cost you around 200 or so) so that it can be used as a external drive as you can't return it to company

How abt the dell inspirion 13z
It is a 40k laptop with basic configuration.
You can't compare with Sony S series and it is not good to compare a 40k laptop with a 55-60k laptop

Top Bottom