Power cuts in your city?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Summer started and so is power crisis.

How many hours powercuts are you facing or voltage fluctuations?

I am in hyd, here we have 5 hours cut.

Apart from that,Evening 6 to 10 ,not possible to turn on AC due to low voltage.

This summer looks very worst :-x

$hadow

Geek in making
Worst huh?
Check out Uttar Pradesh the electricity is playing badly here. In the cities where elections are over the power cut is nearly about 10 to 12 hours. 1 hour electricity and another hour cut. Can't use desktop, AC ugh.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Worst huh?
Check out Uttar Pradesh the electricity is playing badly here. In the cities where elections are over the power cut is nearly about 10 to 12 hours. 1 hour electricity and another hour cut. Can't use desktop, AC ugh.

Thats very bad man

tkin

Back to school!!
Summer started and so is power crisis.

How many hours powercuts are you facing or voltage fluctuations?

I am in hyd, here we have 5 hours cut.

Apart from that,Evening 6 to 10 ,not possible to turn on AC due to low voltage.

This summer looks very worst :-x
When I used to live in Hyderabad(kondapur), I had to endure 6-10 hrs of power cut in summer, specially painful during sundays when we used to stay at home, or at night when we started cooking, it got a lot better during winter though. At midnight when the power went out we used to go venturing the streets, it was a good experiance.

Now about power cuts, here in Kolkata, our power is supplied by C.E.S.C, we haven't had an non-accident related power cut for the past 5 yrs or so(Power went out once for 2 days during the Ayla Tornado). This year(in 2014) we haven't had a power cut yet :D :D Feels like Living in USA ;)

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
When I used to live in Hyderabad(kondapur), I had to endure 6-10 hrs of power cut in summer, specially painful during sundays when we used to stay at home, or at night when we started cooking, it got a lot better during winter though. At midnight when the power went out we used to go venturing the streets, it was a good experiance.

Now about power cuts, here in Kolkata, our power is supplied by C.E.S.C, we haven't had an non-accident related power cut for the past 5 yrs or so(Power went out once for 2 days during the Ayla Tornado). This year(in 2014) we haven't had a power cut yet :D :D Feels like Living in USA ;)

Yes this lazy buggers Apcpdcl/Apgenco call themself self best utility in india and there's no power in summer.

Time for private power companies to take over atleast in metros.

God save us from this Useless govt and useless policies.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes this lazy buggers Apcpdcl/Apgenco call themself self best utility in india and there's no power in summer.

Time for private power companies to take over atleast in metros.

God save us from this Useless govt and useless policies.
It has already happened a long time back in Kolkata, here we are served by C.E.S.C, its completely private, so, no nagging from the government, we pay a bit high compared to government power supply(WBSEDCL), but the service is excellent and we also get 24hrs support, even if a transformer blows up at 3:00AM, we can call the customer care and get prompt service, while the governments power unit has improved service from before, the support is bad.

You check their website, the intro page has something unique: *www.cesc.co.in/cesc/web/
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CESC_Limited

One reason WBSEDCL cannot perform is because of government's tight leash, rampant hooking, added with vote bank politics coupled with an idiot of a high level person is destroying them, do you know that its legal in WB to steal power from the government? Last year some government persons went to cut lines for people stealing power, there was a clash and the government, looking at the upcoming votes ordered to stop all operations, you can steal power and no one will say anything. Its not that the organization is incompetent, but its this vote bank politics that is destroying it.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Bhubaneswar here. Rarely any power cuts. Maybe for maintenance 1 hour per 2 months and the odd outage for 1-2 hours per week. But that is no tragedy as apartment has generator :p

ashs1

Padawan
Currently, there are No powercuts in my area in Nagpur.. maybe an occasional 1 hour ( once a week ) for maintainence.. no worries. :D :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@OP : That's some nasty service there no offence. 5 hours each day? Is this a joke?

Oh, you in Hyderabad right? Okay then, you guys have those crazy fast Beam there, five hours are not okay, I will ask your power supply provider to make it 8 hours :lol:

No seriously though, where I live, near Calcutta, well I don't really measure it like that, but it's something like 2-3 hours per week, most times however an hour or less per week, and that's because of summer, in winter I don't remember any power cuts. The service provider is CESC :| Per unit 6+ rupees, which is still low I guess. And their CC is both good and disgusting at the same time, say if power cuts at 1 a.m, I call them to report the problem, and then at 2 or 3 a.m they ring my phone to see if it's back on or not, hell when I had low voltage last year some service men came at 1:30 in the morning :-o

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
We have normally 3 hours power cuts here in Hyderabad in 2 intervals but they occur randomly.I think its because of the approaching elections here.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
@OP : That's some nasty service there no offence. 5 hours each day? Is this a joke?

Oh, you in Hyderabad right? Okay then, you guys have those crazy fast Beam there, five hours are not okay, I will ask your power supply provider to make it 8 hours :lol:

No seriously though, where I live, near Calcutta, well I don't really measure it like that, but it's something like 2-3 hours per week, most times however an hour or less per week, and that's because of summer, in winter I don't remember any power cuts. The service provider is CESC :| Per unit 6+ rupees, which is still low I guess. And their CC is both good and disgusting at the same time, say if power cuts at 1 a.m, I call them to report the problem, and then at 2 or 3 a.m they ring my phone to see if it's back on or not, hell when I had low voltage last year some service men came at 1:30 in the morning :-o

ya man..beam works independent of power cuts...you just need power at home.
I can use internet and pc. I just can't have AC.

We have good internet and bad utility and you have vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

none here we dont have power cuts cause i am living in a defence area :v

That good yaar.

I heard one funny thing last year about my uncle govt quarters in Tamil nadu.
Even During summer they had 24 hours powers in colony. But outside the
township the people had 11 hours power cut. So people starting
abusing them in buses etc for discrimination and stopping them from using roads etc.

Heights of frustration :razz:

This is what happens with bad govt and screwed policies.

- - - Updated - - -

We have normally 3 hours power cuts here in Hyderabad in 2 intervals but they occur randomly.I think its because of the approaching elections here.

Where in hyd? I live near Malkajgiri.

Top Bottom