Poster printing query...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I have made an A4 size poster using Photoshop. But I want to take a 2-3 feet size printout. So, do I need to scale the poster to appropriate size or the press can print any size of poster using same file without loosing the quality?

valtea

In the zone
Am not expert and have no good experience in poster printing/designing but i'll write down what i think.
If your poster is in vector format then there wont be any quality loss even if stretched out.
If its in bitmap format then it will depend on the resolution. Typically i send my printing works at 300 dpi (small ones) so if your poster is to be enlarged then i think you will have to increase the dpi so that after resize the pic can still be at 300dpi.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Bro, u have to crop the image to the size which u want to print. If u stretch that image, then forget about the quality !

valtea

In the zone
then how is the 10feet by 15 feet hordings done in photoshop? or are they using different software. I can only image the RAM we will need and the size of the image if we define our picture as the real size in photoshop.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
U can make 10" x 15" picture. And then crop to 10ft x 15ft. (as I do)
The file will be much bigger (about 1 GB) ofcourse JPEG files can't such big. Thats why RAW format u have to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom