Post your latest Purchase

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Re: Post what you purchased.

S!D said:
Please suggest a vendor who wud gv better prices in kolkata..just for future reference.

depends... as some day its Caltron, another day its Saboo, but most days its Vedant which gives me best prices... :D

But 100 out of 100 times certainlly not supreme :p that places roobos u :p

S!D

Monster Truck

Choto Cheeta said:
depends... as some day its Caltron, another day its Saboo, but most days its Vedant which gives me best prices... :D
But 100 out of 100 times certainlly not supreme :p that places roobos u :p
Well, I tried lookin for Caltron in GC Ave that day...no luck(plz help me with directions a lil bit)
I'll take ur advice on Vedant and look out for it next time.
And Saboo..man, really horrible service. The guy at the counter had no knowledge of products and had a strange affliction to suggest products of his own liking. In fact, they did not have any clue that the mobo & monitor I asked for, existed in the market:eek:. He even tried asking around to others in the shop. and a guy over the counter gave a smirk n said, "net pe kuch bhi dekh lete hain, aur sochte hai india mein mil jayega.."
After that, I dont think i'll visit that shop even if it gives out stuff for free.
Service matters..and Supreme does agood job on that.
Here's my experience with supreme..
I got the prices on a Friday..when I was leavin the shop, a guy at the gate said he was from supreme customer support:)shock:) and asked my reason of visit and if I got wat i wanted..
i filled up his little form and gave my ph.# as well.
Monday, I bot my comp, and on wednesday i get a call from cust support if my comp was havin any issues and asked for a feedback on the guy at the counter.:?
I know they r doin this for business, but I liked this service and I know they r not chargin me anythin for this.
They get my thumbs up.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

@S!D

I am quoting Caltron prices on the same day u bough.. :lol: my frnd bought these,

250 GB SATA-II 16 MB Buffer Rs. 2600/- + TAX
800 MHz 1 GB => 2200/- + TAX

He bought vx1932wm from Vedant Rs. 10050/- + TAX

He bought XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB from Shaboo, Rs. 13500/- + TAX (real steal)

Not sure about other prices... !!!! but these are bought on the same day u made ur purchase...

about Support, yes Supreme, has a good reputation.. even I agree that too... but now days when u can directly take ur product to the Company service center for Direct support, personaly I dont care about Shops support !!!

S!D

Monster Truck

@Choto Cheeta
Hmm..
U got a point there Bro,
Kintu bhai reply to kor..can u help me with directions to Caltron, I thought it was in GC Ave, but cud not find it that day.
Even, let me know abt where Vedant is yaar..

And...maan gaye Boss!!
those r grt deals on the prices..
I really can learn a deal about gettin good prices for stuuff in cal from u

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

Purchased a Netgear ADSL2+ Wireless router DG834G for Rs.3150+4% VAT yesterday. Works like a charm. At present only my DELL laptop is connected wirelessly. have to buy a USB 2 wireless adaptor for my MC PC in the living room.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

@sid
supreme prices are high.bt they didnt rob u as much as they did to me.anyway,congrats on your new rig:).
and u can also try out Velocity and Savera who has better stocks and prices.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !

S!D said:
Here's my experience with supreme..
I got the prices on a Friday..when I was leavin the shop, a guy at the gate said he was from supreme customer support:)shock:) and asked my reason of visit and if I got wat i wanted..
i filled up his little form and gave my ph.# as well.
Monday, I bot my comp, and on wednesday i get a call from cust support if my comp was havin any issues and asked for a feedback on the guy at the counter.:?
I know they r doin this for business, but I liked this service and I know they r not chargin me anythin for this.
They get my thumbs up.

Now let me tell you my experience with supreme !!!!!
2 years ago I bought a 6200 256 mb agp 8x card from them.
It wasnt working right.so the very next day I took it back to supreme for replacement.

Wanna know the reply I got ?????????? ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy over the counter told me that it my mobos prob ,the card is allright (even before testing the card )
when I told that my older gfx card is working allright then answer was not all cards work with all agp ports. I told them that I have an AGP 3.0 AGP 8X PORT and the card a agp 3.0 8x card...then the reply was not all mobos work with all cards... (agin before testing the card )

I was in an impression that they are not rady to take back the card or replace it under any condition ... then I lost my temper...
after a lot of shouting .. they agreed to test it..and it was found to be faulty...

Horrible experience !!!!!!!!!
Wont ever buy from supreme again...

and by the way choto cheeta...direction to caltron and vedenth wil be appreciated !!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

spitfire said:
and by the way choto cheeta...direction to caltron and vedenth wil be appreciated !!!

Even, let me know abt where Vedant is yaar..

Let me Try with Wiki Mapia :lol:

See S is supreme then caltron and Vedant are marked with arrow... :) cant give u exact location of Exact building... as its look really different from sky :lol:

*img528.imageshack.us/img528/727/untitledwi9.th.jpg

S!D said:
and boss..WOW!!
those r grt deals on the prices..
I really can learn a deal about gettin good prices for stuuff in cal from u

Trick is very very simple... Take quotation from Every shop on their paper... now Offer that prices to ur usual Vendor in ur case Its supreme, in my case iether vedant or Caltron, now usually in my case once I know the rate, Caltron or Vedant do arguee a little, but at the end one of them do accept the lowest rate which I find in the Market that day !!! :)

sabret00the

Youngling

Choto Cheeta said:
Trick is very very simple... Take quotation from Every shop on their paper... now Offer that prices to ur usual Vendor in ur case Its supreme, in my case iether vedant or Caltron, now usually in my case once I know the rate, Caltron or Vedant do arguee a little, but at the end one of them do accept the lowest rate which I find in the Market that day !!! :)

Even I follow this simple trick when I buy something from Chandni..

S!D

Monster Truck

spitfire said:
Now let me tell you my experience with supreme !!!!!
2 years ago I bought a 6200 256 mb agp 8x card from them.
Horrible experience !!!!!!!!!
Wont ever buy from supreme again...
I dont blame u...if i had to face something like that, the reaction wud have been the same.
I guess it turns out the same for all retailers...Just matters how much of a good rapport u have wid them.
In my case, I know this guy Manish in Supreme, has always been very helpful.

If u ever plan to change ur mind abt supreme:grin: ..the next time u go to this shop, ask for him and tell him Vicky has sent u.
If you still dont get the right treatment..lemme know.
Or better still, u can come along wid me on any weekend.

BULLZI said:
@sid
supreme prices are high.bt they didnt rob u as much as they did to me.anyway,congrats on your new rig:).
Thanks..
In my case the monitor and the mobo were hard to come by in chandni as well as GC Ave. everyone claimed they wud get it shipped in a day or two (i've heard such claims by them a hundred times earlier, even if u gv them advance money, they never keep their commitment).
but supreme had ready stock of everything except for the monitor(which was a very new model in cal; most shop dint know it even existed!!)
But they got it shipped overnight and before the committed time.
I guess as long as you get prices from other shops and ask them for a better price..u can get the best of both(price and support)
and u can also try out Velocity and Savera who has better stocks and prices.
can u gv a few directions and land marks..
i plan to buy a grfx card and a ram next month so wud include them in my chkout list.

Last edited:

vabhu

Broken In

I get a 1gb 400mhz ram for 1850 simmtronics made from nehru place new delhi

S!D

Monster Truck

I thought the ongoing discussion deserves a separate thread
All Calcutta ppl please visit this thread:
Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback forum
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=601838#post601838
We really need input from all of you. Specially ppl who frequent hardware shops (choto, i'm counting on you;)).
Post all your good/bad experiences and discuss y you prefer any particular shop if any.
I'm sure there's a lot to benefit from this for all of us..so lets make it BIG:) .

Last edited:

DD3030

Broken In

Choto Cheeta said:
@S!D

I am quoting Caltron prices on the same day u bough.. :lol: my frnd bought these,

250 GB SATA-II 16 MB Buffer Rs. 2600/- + TAX
800 MHz 1 GB => 2200/- + TAX

He bought vx1932wm from Vedant Rs. 10050/- + TAX

He bought XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB from Shaboo, Rs. 13500/- + TAX (real steal)

Not sure about other prices... !!!! but these are bought on the same day u made ur purchase...

about Support, yes Supreme, has a good reputation.. even I agree that too... but now days when u can directly take ur product to the Company service center for Direct support, personaly I dont care about Shops support !!!

It seems there are too many Calcutta guys here in digit forum who frequents the shops, therefore, knows the best and latest. Is there anybody from Mumbai who has a similar habit? :p

I am going to Lamington Rd. this friday (12/9) to buy my rig. Please :D let me know the shops which offers the best price there.

dd_wingrider

In the zone

Bought hp lappy(dv6502au) on sunday. Costed me around 48k including 4% vat

Some Specs overview
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56 1.8ghz
1GB RAM
160GB HDD
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7150M
15.4 WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen
Dedicated menu controls, music and DVD buttons.
HP Pavilion Webcam with integrated microphone
Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Fingerprint scanner

Few Pics(not from my cam):D

*i195.photobucket.com/albums/z92/rulzster/G5344004062006.jpg

*i195.photobucket.com/albums/z92/rulzster/screen244.jpg

*i195.photobucket.com/albums/z92/rulzster/hp-pavilion-dv6500-patterndetail.jpg

mayanks_098

world is evil

i got this rig for a friend of mine.his budget was 20K.

e4400 4975
intel 965 mobo 5000
seagate 160GB 2000
lite on 20x (DL-LS) 1700
LG monitor CRT 17" (700E) 4300
Kingston 1 GB DDR2 667 1575 :shock:
Intex speakers 2.1 800
Logitech KB(MM)+mpuse(opt) 650
iBall glory with 400W PSU + 1 fan 1270

were any of these prices high?

ajayritik

Technomancer

1. Purchase date:20-08-07
2. Hardware purchased with price"Liteon DVD Writer Rs 1650
3. Place/retailer details and address:Devi Computers CTC Secunderabad
4. City of Purchase: Hyderabad/Secunderabad
5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.) Asus, LG and Samsung. Friend suggested to go for Liteon
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.
Having problem burning DVD-RW. Drive doesnt recognize any DVD-RW. Heard that after updating the firmware it should work not tried it yet. Advise to people who are planning to buy this thing please check with other options

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

Hot on the heels of a Netgear DG834G Wireless Router + ADSL2+ Modem,I purchased a D-Link DWL-G122 Wireless G USB2 Adapter from Computerwarehouse, Bangalore for Rs. 1210 + 4%VAT yesterday, to link up my Mediacenter PC in the living room. The installation went on without any hiccups and I was on the internet within fifteen minutes and updated the Windows XP and other spyware/virus definitions.
Initially I wanted to go in for Netgear Wireless G USB adapter WG111 to match the other Netgear device, but changed my mind on coming to know that the Netgear adapter does not support the WPA security encryption considered superior to the WEP security encryption.The D-link adapter supports the WPA encryption.
So my base unit and the other two wireless stations are now operating with WPA2-PSK + AES encryption and I am totally satisfied with the performance of the D-link adapter which always gets connection speeds of 54Mbps without any dropouts or retraining.About 10 feet away with two brickwalls in between the signal strength shown is 70%.My first dabble with Wireless networking has been immensely successful and I am happy that I could manage it.:eek: :) :cool:

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis

Just purchased Creative EP-630 In-Ear earphones for rs. 875 from Nehru Place

Top Bottom